Writing to AA (AAdvantage) management

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by PointyWings, Oct 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. PointyWings

PointyWings Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a problem (with a partially flown award ticket that is now worthless due to AA discontinuing a route) where I have reached the end of the road with the Exec Plat desk. I have been told that AA's customer service department is only concerned with 'past date' issues and in any case I am not inclined to seek help from a quasi call-center operation armed with nothing more than a bunch of denial template letters. Perhaps I am being too harsh on them :)

Does anybody have a snail mail contact address of a senior executive at AA / Advantage to whom I could write? If yes, please post it on this thread or send me a PM.

For those who are curious to know more, please understand that I am unwilling to spill the beans on this very public forum.

NYBanker likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. PointyWings

PointyWings Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, letters always work best. Better than calling or emailing. Three important rules:
    • Be specific about the issue and what gave rise to it
    • Don't call them "stupid" or "bankrupt" (in AA's case) or wish them to go out of business
    • Ask for a specific reasonable remedy

Delta covered my night at the Four Seasons, and round trip ground transportation, after a weather cancellation thanks to a well written letter. :)

http://upgrd.com/sitinfirst/successful-complaint-letter-regarding-a-weather-delay.html

wrxmom and Mapsmith like this.
  5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would add to NYBanker's good points: Be succinct. If you expect the recipient to read the entire letter, edit it for brevity.

wrxmom and Mapsmith like this.