Wow, Zone 7 to 10 is cheap!

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by Saracen, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was busy searching around for a December SIN-DEL trip, originally planning a paid booking and then upgrading with miles. I'd need 25k SQ miles per leg to upgrade, alternatively, 20k per leg OZ miles, both of which I could manage. But I thought I'd check the requirements for an out-and-out redemption: 60k Saver SQ miles, 75k OZ miles (it exceeds the 5000 mile trip band by just a hundred miles or so), or just 45k with BD. Only 22.5k+£150 cash and miles! That seems amazing value! I think I'll ring them up and make this a redemption. The paid Y ticket would have been about S$1100 anyway!

This is all possible only because I recently switched to OZ, no longer fret about earning to keep my *G, and can now make full-on redemptions. Yay!

2. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only downside, perhaps, is that I'm using miles for a flight I could claim back from work. Though with a limited travel budget, this might mean I can save up for a good work trip later. I hope I get a proper receipt for the cash and taxes component so I can claim it back.

3. kraken

kraken Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup, BD C+M is one of the top benefit.