Wow.... Just Wow.....

Discussion in 'ATL | Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport' started by vickers, Feb 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Due to delays, I arrived for my connection in Atanta at 12:30am Friday, January 31. Of course i missed my connetion and had to spend the night at a hotel...

But what I couldnt believe was how jam packed the terminal was..... It looked like it does at noon, not midnight... It was hard just to navigate the terminals. The lines for the shuttle waiting area were long, and the cab lines were even longer....

I know it was weather related, but how often does this happen? I try to avoid ATL when I can, but I usually fly delta, and its a combo package....

Flyer1976, Gargoyle and uggboy like this.
  2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not all that surprising, considering how state/local officials all over the Atlanta area screwed up their response to a couple of inches of snow. I though we handled snow bad in Washington, DC, but we do things better than that.

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's not a couple inches of snow that is the problem. It's the ice. This storm created glare ice all over the place; driving on ice is entirely differently from driving on snow. That's why a half inch of snow at 31 degrees F (-1 c) can be much more difficult and dangerous than 10" of snow at 20 degrees F. It's a coating of super slick wet ice and slush.