Would You Try Coffee + Food Pairings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, Sep 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://foodbeast.com/2013/09/22/would-you-try-coffee-food-pairings/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: foodbeast (FOODBEAST)

Can you imagine how much more agonizing a trip to Starbucks would be if your barista started judging you on what pastry you got with your pumpkin spice latte? “Ooh, the chocolate croissant, are you sure? Because the bitterness of the cocoa will totally battle with the sweetness of the cinnamon. Better just go with a bagel. Plus it’s vegan (I think). Yeah, you’re welcome.”

Well, like it or not, coffee is the latest beverage to go the old sommelier route, as the Coffee Collective coffee company in Denmark is now offering food pairings to go along with each of its specific drinks.
    The idea is to keep the foods as simple as possible – “nothing that has enough potency to take the focus away from the the [sic] cup,” says the Coffee Collective blog. So that means no avocado, no chili, no chocolate.

Read More: http://foodbeast.com/2013/09/22/would-you-try-coffee-food-pairings/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: foodbeast (FOODBEAST)

2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't drink coffee, so no. :D

SuperKirby likes this.
  3. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure there is anything I WOULDN'T pair with coffee, so I'm not sure how important/effective this would be....;)

4. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    I went to one of those coffee tastings in Williamsburg, Brooklyn once. It was great. This sounds like my cup of tea....err....coffee...

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You will not find latte art at Starbucks...just burnt coffee. With a fancy name

Not a lot if crema

6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm, no chocolate with coffee? Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts and all the other coffee shops sure aren't going to toss out their chocolate-enhanced desserts and chocolate-covered coffee beans! No more chocolate-dipped biscotti allowed with coffee? I don't think so! :rolleyes: