Would this be a problem?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by lichenlt, Sep 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have an award ticket ORD-PHL booked with AA at 6pm, which is the last segment of an itinerary. Now I need to fly ORD-SEA because of a last-minute change of my schedule, but I can't change ORD-PHL to ORD-SEA because it violates the oneworld award rules. So I bought a revenue ticket ORD-SEA at 6:45pm. It didn't occur to me until now that I will be in AA's system for two different flights at roughly the same time. Is this gonna be a problem when I check in for the 6:45pm flight? I will certainly check in before the 6pm flight departs.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    should not be any problem with that.

lichenlt likes this.
  3. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Remember you can reschedule the ORD-PHL to a later date for free in hopes of using it down the line. However, you have to make the change before the flight departs and you become a no-show.

As for overlapping reservations, the automated system will generally cancel the older reservation first with the logic being you obviously want to fly the newer itinerary.

lichenlt likes this.