Would like a OneWorld credit card - won't likely be flying on it - recommendations?

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by hungarianhc, Aug 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. hungarianhc
    Original Member

hungarianhc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here's the back story.

Well, first off, in hindsight, my girlfriend REALLY should have gotten then 100,000 British Airways credit card. That was the one to get!

In any case, my girlfriend and I each have two cards. I'm a Marriott / SPG guy, and she has the Hilton Surpass and the Mileage Plus card. I've been a 1K with UA for many years, and she has a whole lot of UA miles too so we're going to phase that credit card out of her usage. So she needs a new one... We were thinking about the Hyatt card, but we don't log enough stays at Hyatts to get any status, and when we book awards, we do typically like to have status at the properties we do so at.

So... then we were thinking that a OneWorld card would be good. Neither she nor I fly OneWorld carriers very often, but we would love to redeem on some... I'm sad the British Airways 100,000 mile offer is gone - I think that would have been the perfect card for her. Are there any similar cards you might recommend for OneWorld redemption? Or do you think we should just wait until another big offer like that comes along? Thanks!

2. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just wait. Chase might do it again next year. If not, if you are US base, you can consider the AA cards. Since you don't fly OW carriers often, AA and BA programs will be good for you as you can keep your miles from expiring indefinitely by mileage activities. And there are so many opportunities to earn miles in the US with AA and BA too.

3. hungarianhc
    Original Member

hungarianhc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the advice. Looks like we'll just wait - I really wish we would have hopped on that BA deal!!