Would any one help a new brother out?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by lusfort, Feb 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys, been lurking around this forum for a while now and am really interested in becoming like some of the more experienced guys out here.

So I currently have HHonors gold through the visa signature instant program, and am trying to get a status match to intercontinental's priority club as i'll be having a stay with them in early march. I've emailed their service mail and they have requested for a statement from HHonors. Does anyone know if they will approve my status match given that i do not have any prior transactions with Hilton yet?

If not, I was wondering if anyone would be so nice as to mail me a copy of their statement so i can take a look at how it looks like and i can do some creative editing to make my very good.
    Thanks all!

2. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just send a picture of your card & of the online profile page - you don't need to fake it... they just want to see the status. PC is very lax when it comes to matches, as well.

3. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks buddy, will update on how it goes

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't this message effectively ask someone else to help you commit fraud? To me, this is not a good way to begin to participate in MP.

estnet, Mikus33, wheat27 and 8 others like this.
  5. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought that only worked with airlines, learn something everyday...I wonder how lax Hyatt is with their matches. I've got a week long stay there next month and a larger room would be nice. All they can say is no, lol

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Remember that most status matches are once in a lifetime (yours or theirs) so think carefully before doing it for a single stay.

2soonold, kyunbit and basiface like this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was under the impression that they don't do outright status matches anymore, just status challenges. And yes, once in a lifetime.

http://milepoint.com/forums/wiki/hyatt-and-gold-passport-faqs/

8. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience is that hotel status matches are much more lax than airlines. Especially if it is in not the top tier programs. Best Western status matches are pretty easy and can be repeated even.

basiface likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    By contrast, Starwood always said that their matches were once in a lifetime and, IIRC, would not give one to anyone who had been a SPG Plat at any time in the past. Now they only offer status challenges and supposedly it's again once in a lifetime, although this wasn't stated at first.

basiface likes this.
  10. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    True. And very valuable information for anybody looking to status match.

basiface likes this.
  11. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys, just a quick update. got a match from PC.

"To continue with this status for 2013, you must meet the minimum requirements of Platinum Eite status by December 31st of 2012. You may click here to review the elite statuses with Priority Club Rewards"

MSPeconomist:
    One stay is enough for me. I'm at a stage of my life where I still pay for my own travels.

12. Global Explat
    Original Member

Global Explat Silver Member

Status Points:

Hyatt does a status match- I matched Priority a month ago ahead of a one week conference stay at a Hyatt property in Asia. Didn't have any stays with Priority, just the bonus points from credit card signup getting me top status... Stay 16 nights in 60days and you get Diamond until Feb 2013. Another 9 nights and you're there naturally, and maintain for another year. Anyhow, its very good time to do a status match with Hyatt right now given their current promotion. Theres plenty written on that elsewhere, but on top of that, with the status match, they'll give you 1000 bonus points each night for the first four (?) nights plus you get 4 suite upgrades. Those expire end of Feb, then you get another four. I'd spent two of the first 4 already, and have used the other two for future stays... I'd never stayed at Hyatt, and this match/promotion has really worked for me. Definitely motivated to direct my stays in that direction to maintain status.... ( though pretty tough to find many properties in Europe ).

13. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what I called a Challenge. To me a status match is a no-strings-attached match of an equivalent status for a full year (or more).

Scottrick likes this.
  14. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Be careful to read the fine print. I suspect that you may be confusing nights and stays.

15. Global Explat
    Original Member

Status Points:
    ok.. thats fair... But good that they match the status while you "take the challenge"... Succeed or fail, theres 8 suite upgrades to be had...

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  16. Global Explat
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I heeded your caution and read the email from Hyatt. Its actually only 12 nights, not 16, to maintain status till feb 2013, but you are correct- its 50 nights (or 25 stays) to maintain "regular" diamond status. And its actually 1000pts for the first 6 nights, not four per my post. On the Challenge email, theres no mention at all of "stays" in that email, its all "nights". But the great thing is that the suite upgrades do apply to stays, not nights... I've booked two five night stays as suite upgrades later in the year.

Really good time to do the Hyatt challenge if anyone values suite upgrades and can do some nights next two months (especially if you are able to get on board before end of feb and take advantage of the extra four suite upgrades).

25 nights was going to be easy, 50 might be a stretch, but definitely thinking about it...

17. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, I honestly find these hotel status kind of confusing. There are just too many ways to earn points with conversion and all.

18. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why not just apply for Priority Club Visa? Don't you get either 60,000 or 80,000 points for $1 spent and those points count toward status? You automatically get high level status (is it Platinum?) with 60,000+ points, and it will be good through end of 2013. I recognize your stay is soon, but this move could pay off if you stay at IC again, and you will get a free night once a year (for $45 fee) towards an IC...

Cheers,

PedroNY

lusfort likes this.
  19. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great Reccomendation. I've just got a Mileage Plus Explorer card a couple of weeks back, so I'll definitely consider this option in a few months time :) thanks for you your useful input

20. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    What hotel are you staying at? I wouldn't expect much from Priority Club Platinum (or any of their elite levels) which is fairly meaningless, and if it's an Intercontinental, what you really need is ambassador status.

21. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
  22. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Platinum will not get you on-property benefits, unless a hotel is just feeling generous.

Ambassador is pay to play, so it's a straightforward evaluation whether it's worth pursuing.

23. anomadtoo

anomadtoo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just emailed PC with screen shots of my Hilton Gold and Marriott Gold accounts; they matched me to their Platinum. But only good till end of 2012; oh well. I was hoping for at least thru Feb. 2013; two months can make a big difference. I'll wait to get the PC visa for status next year then.

24. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let us know if you get any benefit from this. I've been PC Platinum for a few years and the benefits are almost zero.

25. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was upgraded at in the Presidente Intercon in Cozumel. With a welcome mini alcohol bottles and fruit plate. Free newspaper, Free brewed Coffee every morning. I guess it depends on which establishment you are at