Worth crediting QR to Privilege Club?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Middle East/Africa' started by Saracen, Mar 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    After lots of running around, and failing to secure anything reasonable for a LHR-SIN for the family in late May, I went with QR, who beat SQ's price for the 5 of us by over S$3000 (!). It's a Q fare, so would earn at 70% on OZ or 50% on BD. Thing is, I'm now wondering whether to credit to QR's Privilege Club instead, and see whether they could be a backup choice when *A isn't available, considering their good route network and increase in capacity to SIN. They refused point blank to status match, unless it was part of a new corporate account (which I can't swing). This trip would earn me 80 QPoints, and the same for the wife. It looks like miles can't be earned for the kids until I become Burgundy anyway. So, is it really worth the hassle of having another card? I could see this as our travel option for family trips (assuming their prices remain competitive).

2. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    So any QR Privilege Club members here? Anything to write home about?

3. There is not much to the Privilege Club unless you will you fly QR constantly on Y and it will be a main airline for you so if you want to do anything just credit it to one of your other cards if not just open a Privilege Club account and get the miles then let them go to waste.