Worst service at Westin Europa & Regina in Venice

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by lichenlt, Sep 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Staff are rude, none of the staff said hello to me during a three-day stay. Not even a smile while passing by in the lobby or hallway.

The guy who showed us the room never offered to help with the luggages (I had two plus a big backpack). It's not that I needed his help, but seriously this was the first time I wasn't offered help at any hotel.

A simple request of hot water to the room took two hours plus two more phone calls after the initial request.

What else? Oh, I'm merely a gold member, but when asked whether upgrade was available, the check-in agent could have just politely said sorry, no upgrade. Instead, he directly ignored my question as if he never heard me asking. Trust me, it was quiet, because it was past midnight when I got there.

Try to avoid if you can, surely you can find better use of the spg points needed for a Cat-6 hotel.

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes its amazing how some travel experiences at the same property can vary. We had a wonderful stay here a few years ago.
    Arrived at the hotels' dock by water taxi and they collected our luggage and brought it up to our room. Got upgraded on a reward stay to a great room overlooking the Grand Canal plus a nice plat amenity, chocolates and bottle of wine.

Concierge booked a nice restaurant for my wife's birthday (with cake etc ...which I actually didnt request)
    Only negative that I could remember was the cost of 28 euro for continental breakfast 55 euro for the full.

Its worth noting that European service staff tend to be more reserved when dealing with guests .. none of the American "have a nice day" repetition:)

3. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also had a great stay here a couple years ago. YMMV, I guess.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    i had a miserable stay before it was part of SPG.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    When was that 15 or 20 years ago??:)