InsideFlyer.com [English] United States InsideFlyer.uk [English] United Kingdom InsideFlyer.de [German] Germany InsideFlyer.no [Norwegian] Norway InsideFlyer.se [Swedish] Sweden InsideFlyer.dk [Danish] Denmark InsideFlyer.nl [Dutch] Benelux
Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Oct 17, 2014.
| Print Topic
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan the worst in the world
The 10 ‘worst airports in the world’ for sleepers
1. Islamabad Benazir Bhutto International Airport, Pakistan (ISB)
2. Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport, Saudi Arabia (JED)
3. Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, Nepal (KTM)
4. Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines (MNL)
5. Tashkent International Airport, Uzbekistan (TAS)
6. Paris Beauvais-Tille International Airport, France (BVA)
7. Frankfurt Hahn International Airport, Germany (HHN)
8. Bergamo Orio al Serio International Airport, Italy (BGY)
9. Berlin Tegel International Airport, Germany (TXL)
10. New York City LaGuardia International Airport, USA
there are certainly many less busy airports that are worse and due dishonorable mention
I will nominate
(JUB) Juba International Airport in South Sudan
Glad you added one.
11. Kansas City International Airport, USA
BTW I thought ORD had big rat problems with people trying to sleep there.
That's interesting, haven't heard about the rats. Glad you added one.
it was more sheep shed than terminal
I was under the impression that from sleeper's perspective (a.k.a backpackers/Lonely Planeters) nearly all US airports are a problem as they close/shutdown for few hours, in the wee hours.
Indeed. The rankings lose credibility because some of the "best" airports listed actually shut overnight and forcibly remove anyone who might be trying to sleep. (Eg WLG #4 in south pacific.)
Similarly AKL (#1 in south pacific) removed almost all the comfortable sleeping areas that were landside.