WorldVentures: Opinions, Experience, Feedback?

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by MSYgirl, Nov 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    After I flew back in tonight, my always-happy-to-pick-me-up-at-the-airport parents were telling me about a meeting they had with their neighbor about a travel program. They called it World Traveler but through my searching I think they meant WorldVentures, a group travel program where people pay membership fees to get discounted flights and dream vacations.

Has anyone ever heard of this program, used it, or can offer the good/bad/ugly? They are interested but I told them to hold off parting with any cash until I can research it and get some feedback. From what they explained, you spend $200 up front and $55 per month to be in this program. Eventually you can spend the money you put into it off of a future trip, or you can stop paying the fees if you sign up people under you. Sounds like a basic MLM but thought I would ask here in case someone can enlighten me (and them).

Thanks in advance.

2. it's not for me they have a funny awful idea of what a special trip is.

3. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like you have to join to see the trips and prices and reward schedule.

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good information here, number four results on Google, sounds like your typical MLM scheme:
    http://twenty-somethingtravel.com/2013/07/worldventures-this-is-not-the-way-to-travel-the-world/

•According to WorldVentures official documents, “73.7 percent of reps fail to earn a commission and only .1 percent earn a yearly income above the poverty level. The average rep earns $325 in a year. That doesn’t account for the price of joining or the cost of training events.” According to this study, 99% of WorldVentures associates actually LOSE money.

Here is a "real" publication with data:
    http://observer.com/2012/08/do-the-...ramid-power-to-become-the-new-amway/?show=all

MSYgirl likes this.
  5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Its pretty sad when educated people cannot recognize a pyramid scheme even if it hits them in the face.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    iolaire likes this.
  6. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the replies and links.