World of Hyatt

Discussion in 'Hyatt | World of Hyatt' started by J Zidell VP Hyatt, Oct 27, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. J Zidell VP Hyatt

J Zidell VP Hyatt Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear MilePoint Members,

Today I’m excited to introduce World of Hyatt, your new loyalty program, which will replace Hyatt Gold Passport® on March 1, 2017.

World of Hyatt is about building community and finding more ways to engage with you. At Hyatt, we believe in putting empathy into action. More than great locations, luxurious rooms and top–notch amenities, we have a greater purpose — to care for you so you can be your best.

We designed the program for you. We heard what makes your experiences better and more meaningful – and we tailored World of Hyatt to meet those needs, so you can expect the exceptional.

We will share additional information about World of Hyatt with Hyatt Gold Passport members in the coming days.

I hope you’re as excited about World of Hyatt as I am.

Save travels,

Jeff Zidell

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Zomby Woof and uggboy like this.
  2. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congratulations ....

... on picking the weirdest status level names ever.

alfagirl, IDGflygirl, Kalboz and 3 others like this.
  4. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    On the bright side, I don't think there is a significant chance that I will ever be thanked for being a Globalist by a Hyatt front-desk associate.

Kalboz and kansaskeith like this.
  6. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Jeff - not a lot of people on this board or on FT will be celebrating this as good news. You're wayyy to smart to think you could make that spin work here. Emails went out to members - you should have left it at that. Sorry.

alfagirl likes this.
  7. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Disagree. He is a Hyatt executive, so obviously he's going to put a positive spin on it. That's his job.

The revision, overall, will in 2018, hurt me and others who are at the lower end of the current "Diamond" spectrum, but we are able to figure that out on her own.

I certainly don't want to discourage him from posting in this group. His original post had a link that wasn't yet valid, and I didn't much like that, but as far Zidell postings in here, we should encourage that, not discourage.

As for the email to members, I eventually got it, but hadn't yet, which is why I checked this group to see if Hyatt had had posted anything. So that's my two cents worth.

Sent from my iPhone using InsideFlyer mobile app

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    This, and it's worth noting that some of us like the changes for our personal travel habits. I haven't had less than 60 nights in any year recently that I can recall. I'm picking up benefits I didn't have before so I'm happy with that.

It's worse for 25 stay folks, no doubt. Those in our community that used to MR to achieve Hyatt Diamond are (understandably) disappointed. But, not everyone is

9. kareddick

kareddick Silver Member

Status Points:
    The new logo looks like first grade homework. Changes are awful. Diamonds should be grandfathered for some perks.

10. AMPfromBNA

AMPfromBNA Silver Member

Status Points:
    The problem is, I really want to be loyal to Hyatt. Loyalty for me is a year-over-year relationship. I'm on my fourth year as a HGP Diamond. Going to be five next year.

In the past, I've had years where my clients were not near a Hyatt. In those years, I was lucky enough to find enough one-night stays to keep the relationship going. Other years, I'd have 100+ nights because my clients were in big Hyatt cities like Boston or NOLA.

Given their footprint, I now suspect I'm better off departing Hyatt. As a consultant who travels to clients, I don't always have a say in where I'll be. Without knowing I'll have that long term relationship moving forward, it's tough to carry on.

Jeff- did customers like me factor in? A few simple fixes would have gone a long way- like counting reward stays, providing roll over nights, or dropping the re-qualification number by 5 nights for each year you've been top tier (maybe as many as 4 times, dropping the requirement to 40, while promoting that exact long term relationship We both should be looking for in a hotel-consumer relationship).

Kalboz likes this.
  11. wldtraveler

wldtraveler Member

Status Points:
    Hello I just read the link below about the new Loyalty plan.
    I am currently at 38,000 ft in flight to Tel Aviv, a coworker just sent me an article that I am so disgusted about, I may have willing cancel all new reservations and just drop my Diamond Status after 14 /15 years of loyalty.

Your leadership is out of their minds with the new rollout.

I stay in hotels over 100 nights per year and I do not get a choice of many of my stays, many times I double book rooms so I can remain at Diamond status, while my employer has me booked somewhere else in upscale hotels and I pay out of pocket time stay with you.

Starwood launched a lifetime award system that is obtainable by working people, 10 years, 500 stays= lifetime status, that's enough to work on the road for 10 to 20 years and retire with a lifetime of hotel upgrades. With Hyatt it is a million base points = 1 million dollars spent, insane and mostly unattainable.

I was hoping in the next few years your management would wake up. Guess not.

I own a Hilton Timeshare, for a few years I could not even use it because I had so many Faster Free night awards from Hyatt stays. My family grew to love your hotels. That went away also completely.

I am really saddened that I have devoted over a decade of loyalty to your chain to read it will now take 60 nights per year to get a free breakfast and wifi.

Speechless, I really hope other Diamond members share my disgust and consider changing over to Starwood or Hilton.

This may be the last year we will enjoy our holidays at your property I think.

Maybe in a year or so after Hyatt looses many of its loyal Diamond members it will reconsider and I will get matched back to Diamond from Hilton or Starwood programs I will keep.

I never blog or post but this situation has me so upset and

Very disappointed,

Kalboz likes this.
  12. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    A couple of minor clarifications, though I'm not suggesting this will sway your overall opinion.

Actually since you earn 5 base points per dollar, a million base points is $200,000.

You do not need to have top tier status in order to receive wifi. And 30 nights a year will earn you 4 confirmed club lounge upgrades which will get you breakfast. Also you can still use points to upgrade to club lounge or suites.

Best,
    Gary

Kalboz likes this.
  13. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If the lounge is open... and if the property actually has one.

Kalboz likes this.
  14. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the lounge is not open, I believe you still get breakfast at the restaurant plus 2,500 WoH points, no?

15. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe they will add ability to achieve lifetime Explorist status since the Hyatt CC will give Discoverist status. 500K base points for lifetime Explorist?

Kalboz likes this.
  16. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not with the Explorist lounge access award. From the T&C:

https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/content/world/en/world-of-hyatt-terms.html#/IVC

"Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge"

Globs still get restaurant breakfast if the lounge is closed. Not sure about the 2500 points; I think they may have done away with that, but I don't know and don't care as there is less than zero chance I am going to be a Glob :)

Kalboz likes this.
  17. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even the lifetime point counter has disappeared from the website ... we are heading backwards! :eek:

Zomby Woof likes this.