World’s Top 10 Most Expensive Hotels [SUMMER 2015]

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by uggboy, Jun 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    World’s Top 10 Most Expensive Hotels

Newscience and Kalboz like this.
  2. @uggboy so singita at 3500 a night is not expensive. Explora includes meals

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's their list, and I guess they've taken the "average" overnight rate for this summer in the featured hotels, to be honest, these are all "amazingly" expensive hotels, inclusions or not. So far, I haven't met anyone in person for real who's stayed in one of these properties on the list. While we love "beautiful and luxurious" hotels and book them / stay with them, especially in cities on average 1/2/3 nights from time to time, these featured hotels are beyond our reach by a long shot right now. In regards to Singita, we're not into safari properties, so I wouldn't know what the overnight rate at Singita is right now, but 3500USD a night sounds awesomely expensive to me. Don't forget the list is all about "standard room" overnight rates at the featured properties, of course, all hotels listed do offer many higher priced rooms/suites as well. All prices shown are "from" per night.

4. @uggboy I would hardly call explora a standard property
    it includes all meals and tours

uggboy likes this.
  5. Either have I , and I have been to some really expensive properties

uggboy likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    This wasn't what they wanted to compare, they wanted to look what a "standard" room does cost in USD, doesn't matter what's included, it's very expensive. While the Explora property does incl. some benefits, others might not.

7. I think the George V was 1300 a night for a standard room, I am not doing that again I love the Four Seasons though. I must say though Four Seasons is anything but standard .

uggboy likes this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad you've stayed at the Four Seasons George V in Paris, 1300 seems to be their average, when I've a look the rates usually start at 1195 Euros a night. I haven't stayed there, but Four Seasons is on our radar, but not in Paris, this is simply too expensive IMHO. Paris hotels overall are somewhat too expensive, especially the "great" ones incl. MO, Shangri-La, Le Bristol, Le Meurice, Plaza Athenee, Raffles Le Monceau and others. Our Four Seasons experiences are pretty limited, especially when compared against others on this forum or on other forums, we've stayed at the FS London Canary Wharf x2, FS Dublin x2 and the FS Bangkok x1.

AdamEfimoff likes this.
  9. @uggboy I would suggest esprit st germain

uggboy likes this.
  10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    ....but be aware that the FS Bangkok is now the Anantara Siam Hotel and the FS Dublin has been reflagged as the InterContinental Dublin.

11. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points: