Working An Airshow – Seeing The Planes Up Close

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

This is somewhat different of a post, but this time of year always reminds me of airshow seasons! I thought I would share a little secret for all of you fellow aviation fans to let you get up close and personal with some of the coolest planes around. Working An Airshow I worked my first airshow about 13 years ago and it was a total blast! I continued to work the same airshow for the next 6 years and each year enjoyed it a little more as I got to be around some of the most modern planes in the sky as well as the old classics. But, what did I do? Believe it or not, the first year, I worked in communications as they were using ham radio operators to link up the different law enforcement, emergency, and airport personnel. That actually used to be a very common job for ham radio operators – being the middle man between multiple agencies, because these agencies never had the technological way... The post Working An Airshow – Seeing The Planes Up Close appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...