Work actions for CSA today

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by Bob Smolinsky, Dec 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    it was reported last week on the local Czech boards that CSA plan to sell all of their ATR's and few Airbus to Czech Holidays CSA.

Speculation began that it could be that CSA plans to sell all assets off to Czech Holidays, leaving CSA only with the debt.

From what is said, technically CSA Holidays is a completely seperate company from CSA and the holding company that owns CSA (and the airport).

Hence why it could be possible to leave CSA with only debt and then leave CSA to go under.

As well, all the pilots and staff have their agreements with CSA, meaning that they would have to negotiate brand new agreements with Holidays.

Reported on the news this morning already 9 cancellations and more to come.

Now in English news this week as well:

http://www.ceskapozice.cz/en/cesky-a...-restructuring

Also when you go to the airport website, you get:

Information
    Czech Airlines are not able to operate some of its today’s flights due to an unlauwful pressure action of a group of pilots of this airline. For more information please contact the Czech Airlines Contact center on following phone numbers: local calls from the Czech Republic: 800 310 310 international calls: 00420 239 007 007

Czech Airlines are not able to operate some of its today’s flights due to an unlauwful pressure action of a group of pilots of this airline. For more information please contact the Czech Airlines Contact center on following phone numbers:

Local calls from the Czech Republic: 800 310 310

International calls: 00420 239 007 007

Message from Pilots:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...4mh85xEaLJw9Vg

2. Dovster
    Original Member

Dovster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew CSA TLV-PRG today without the slightest problem. In fact, we arrived about 5 minutes early.

I have flights scheduled for Dec 5 and Dec 12 and I hope this remains true.

Skyvillager likes this.
  3. Skyvillager
    Original Member

Skyvillager Silver Member

Status Points:
    How is Prague, Dovster?

In case CSA leaves you stranded -- I have enough *A miles to get you a one way award ticket on LH.
    At this point there are plenty of seats open on all flights in December.

Ticket taxes are only $80, and we can call it your birthday present.
    Do let me know if you want/need it.