Woolworths Qantas Credit Card Bonus 15000 Points Offer

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by savydog, Mar 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. savydog
    Original Member

savydog Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got an offer letter in the mail today. Annual fee $89. I have an everyday awards card that I use when making purchases at Woolies, so I would think this may be a cross promotion from that database. The main use I could make of the card besides the points would be using the card at the petrol bowser without having to go inside to pay :)

The offer seems finely balanced. I could get a couple of local flight legs for 17000 points or $69 X 2 = $138 when there are deals on offer. May suit someone who is accumulating points for an overseas award as better value for money there :)

the web page http://everydayrewardscreditcard.com.au/ is offering 12500 points. I feel special being offered 15K :)

Kalboz likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You dog, you're so special, savy.

Seriously, it seems surprising to me for an airline to be offering what I understand to be a single-store (Woolworth's, general retail chain, no longer 5 & 10 discount store) credit card rather than a general purchase credit card like Visa and Mastercard or "travel and entertainment" charge card like AmEx or Diners Club. OTOH, the possibility of charging gas sounds attractive and AU$89 isn't a bad annual fee for a credit card that gives significant amounts of miles, assuming that they're willing to give out reasonable credit limits, which they seem to be. I suspect that you've already convinced yourself that this is a good deal, so go for it, make those purchases, and pay in full in exchange for a bunch of FF miles.

savydog likes this.
  3. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Launch offer for this card was 16000 points (widely discussed over at AFF). For $89, the 16k points were good value.Makes a good backup card where Amex is not accepted (unlike Earth cards which only nett .5 point per dollar on the MC side). Also includes your EDR number on the back. I scan the barcode for the EDR, then pay with my QF Amex, netting me 2.5 points per dollar for everything over $30.

It's not a store card, it's a Platinum Mastercard.

I have one of the cards. Limits are pretty generous by evidence, and it's issued by HSBC.

savydog likes this.
  4. savydog
    Original Member

savydog Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a Westpac KrisFlyer card and the Visa is soon to drop to .5 points per dollar spent. Do you have any experience with putting any business related expenses on the card ? Thinking Ergon which will not accept Amex, but the amount would be at least 3K so may stand out a bit :) Westpac have never queried me on that bill.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have received the Woolies and KF card offers recently. I didn't think the KF card was worth it, but may relook at the Woolies one based on above!

savydog likes this.