Woman Won’t Leave Cancun Airport

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/10/woman-wont-leave-cancun-airport/

Back in 2004, Tom Hanks starred in a movie called The Terminal, playing a man who was trapped in a New York City airport terminal after he was denied entry into the United States, but could not return to his native country due to a revolution. More recently, NSA leaker Edward Snowden has been camping out in Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport for weeks while seeking asylum. Unfortunately, a woman found squatting in a Mexican airport doesn’t have as good of an explanation for her delayed departure.
    After arriving on a flight from the United States on June 30, she has been living at the airport in the Mexican resort city of Cancun ever since, officials said. Marcela Silvia Montano Mancera, a Mexican citizen, was spotted sleeping in the terminal, washing up in the airport’s restrooms and eating at the airport restaurants and withdrawing money from an ATM to eat at an airport restaurant. The 45-year-old woman has not caused trouble, but she walks around speaking to herself in Spanish and English, a Federal Police officer said.
    Read More: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/10/woman-wont-leave-cancun-airport/

uggboy likes this.
  2. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder how many timeshare presentations she has signed up for.

3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, it sounds cheaper than a hotel:D Seriously, though, sounds like there may be some mental health issue here.

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a push from some people to eliminate those presentations and make Cancun a more friendly airport. That would be nice.

5. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hate running that gauntlet, almost as bad as Vegas and the hooker cards.

skyvan and Captain Oveur like this.
  6. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hooker? I don't even know her!

7. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:

Funniest thing I've read on MP!