Woman Screams the TSA 'Molested' Her after Pat Down

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Infinite1K, Jun 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yet another incident with the TSA. Not clear if this family is making a business of confronting the TSA or not. But in this case, Southwest and their employees don't come out looking very good either.

2. Even if this was a staged happening, it certainly does show TSA and Southwest in a bad light. I'm all in favor of similar stagings at checkpoints across the country to e_pose the TSA.

note: the dog did a job on my keyboard and a couple of keys are not working so I'm using "_" to replace those letters. :(

Scottrick likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only the "x" is broken? I think it would be far more entertaining to read your posts if the dog had taken out all the vowels, too!

4. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why not copy and paste an x from somewhere else?

In fact, I'll give you a few for free right here:

x x x x x x

X X X X X X

Enjoy and let us know if you need more.

:D

FetePerfection likes this.
  5. Upper and lower case - how thoughtful!

Thank you.

FetePerfection likes this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm going with 15 mintues.

LETTERBOY, mht_flyer and KENNECTED like this.
  7. Offtopic, but why am I not seeing any posts after the first when the forum index shows 5 replies?

8. she's so distraught that she stands right in place with her feet on the marked pad? I've never seen somebody who's generally felt accosted or abused by another to just stand right in front of them without taking so much as a step to get away. I'm all for the help to the cause, but she might have put a little more effort into her performance.

9. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting video... the conversation with Southwest employees, TSA officers and police officers were very interesting... hmmmm

10. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    BS

KENNECTED likes this.
  11. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't understand why the Southwest folks even got involved with this...

12. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are being moderated...just kidding

13. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure either. The lawyer like crisp precision with which he argues with various officers seems more rehearsed than an upset son. If you look at the YouTube site, the same poster has other videos staging other confrontations with police etc.

14. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    agreed, should be the pax & TSA, that's it.

mht_flyer and essxjay like this.
  15. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well at least the son was persistent on asking to show him the law that he could not film beyond security, etc. Staged or not, the more this type of thing goes viral maybe more non-frequent flyers will see the violation of personal rights.

16. Ha!

Fortunately we don't have any power-crazed TSA-sympathizer thugs to worry about here on MP.

Also, I found that it works fine in Chrome and Safari, but Firefox chokes on this thread.

Not this board or site, just this thread. On multiple systems. I'm puzzled now. But it's also a quarter to 2 in the morning and I'm running on about 1 cylinder.

Anyway, as was said in the companion thread to this on FT, this family has a history of doing this but frankly, if they can stir up any more public anti-TSA sentiment, that's a victory well won. It's not so much winning or losing at the immediate moment; if the argument can force the issue into court, then it can be ruled upon once and for all and hopefully we'll end up seeing some TSOs taken to jail where they'll be horribly mistreated by guard and fellow prisoner alike.

17. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    For reference for those who might have a need to photograph at a TSA checkpoint:

TSA Blog: Can I Take Photos at the Checkpoint and Airport?

We don’t prohibit public, passengers or press from photographing, videotaping, or filming at screening locations. You can take pictures at our checkpoints as long as you’re not interfering with the screening process or slowing things down. We also ask that you do not film or take pictures of our monitors.​

However… while the TSA does not prohibit photographs at screening locations, local laws, state statutes, or local ordinances might. Your best bet is to call ahead and see what that specific airport’s policy is.​

[​IMG]

18. Regarding photography at the checkpoint, BB at PV has recently written :

"This topic is currently under review, but you can read this blog post on our current policy for photography at checkpoints."

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they try to change that policy, sooner rather than later, due to all the bad PR they are getting on YouTube.