Woman finds stolen iPad with app

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/011612-woman-finds-stolen-ipad-with-app

When one local woman's iPad went missing in a Washington D.C. airport she tracked it down with an app and found it in a very unlikely place.

The Find My iPhone app lets you track your phone i-pad and even i-pod from another device. That way you always know where you left or lost your favorite electronics.

Michele Goff knew when she boarded the plane to Jacksonville from Washington D.C. she was missing something. “I already had checked my baggage and said shoot I forgot my iPad in my suitcase.”

Read More: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/011612-woman-finds-stolen-ipad-with-app

RSSrsvp, uggboy and bonnerbl like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    In addition to his arrest, I hope the employee was suspended or fired from his airport job.

uggboy and sobore like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting how the story doesn't mention how the guy got ahold of the iPad. Does he work for the airline? TSA? Does he have a house full of stolen goods, or did he by some magic get caught the very first time he opened a bag and was lucky to find an iPad, but unfortunate to find one with tracking enabled?

chrislacey likes this.
  4. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm with HaveMilesWillTravel...they should have reported more background about the arrested individual! I have that tracking feature on my iPad. Who wants to steal it? Haha. Neat story, though.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.