Woman detained for painting her nails on Southwest flight

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by sobore, Mar 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/...inting-her-nails-on-southwest-flight/641523/1

A woman who was detained after getting into an argument with a Southwest Airlines flight attendant over polishing her fingernails is demanding to know why.
    Jeanie Daniels told KTRK-TV Channel 13 in Houston that she was painting her nails in her seat on Flight 1536 from California to Houston's Hobby Airport on Sunday, Feb. 26, when a flight attendant asked her to stop because of the smell.

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/...inting-her-nails-on-southwest-flight/641523/1

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    What? No Limburger cheese, rubber cement or gasoline? :rolleyes:

Blue Skye and uggboy like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fingernails, so I guess the objectionable odor was the nail polish. If it had been toenails, the issue could have been the smell of her feet.

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a very very bad comedy to me!:oops::rolleyes:

jmrich1432 likes this.
  5. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have to say the whole story sounds bogus to me. Detained for "profane language" not even in the presence of the arresting officers? Fishy.

6. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although I absolutely detest the smell of nail polish, when are they going to start detaining the passengers who smell bad and forcing them to shower?

In relation to the story, I wonder if any passengers asked her to put it away before the flight attendants had to get involved. If I saw nail polish coming out next to me, I would say something before it was even opened.

MissBurrill, LETTERBOY, Horse and 2 others like this.
  7. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, painting your nails on an airplane is obnoxious. I don't even know how she thought that would be acceptable. Probably not worthy of 10 hours of "detainment," but I guess that's what happens.

8. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    This lady is a complete dumbass. She should have been fined for her stupidy and sent to a class on manners/ how to be considerate of others.

bonnerbl, avflyer, Blue Skye and 6 others like this.
  9. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would have definitely asked her to put it away the second I saw it, I just can't believe anyone would think this was even marginally appropriate. Time and a place!

avflyer, uggboy, MissBurrill and 2 others like this.
  10. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I seem to remember that nail polish is highly flammable. Maybe not as flammable as nail polish remover, but flammable. Therefore, she should not have had it open.

avflyer, jmrich1432 and LETTERBOY like this.
  11. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    They should also making it mandatory for TSA agents to shower often. Last week I had an encounter with a smelly TSA agent at the BOS airport.

avflyer likes this.
  12. spesalvi

spesalvi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, the smell of nail polish is unbearable/horrible and I am a female, so yes that woman had no consideration for others.

13. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love it when some douche sitting next to me / near me starts CLIPPING their nails. Thanks for leaving dead human tissue all over a public conveyance scumbag!

LETTERBOY and jmrich1432 like this.
  14. cwpfly

cwpfly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since the flight was from California, I would have thought that she would have been in trouble for not posting the Prop 65 - "life is filled with hazardous substances" - warnings around her seat since you see them on all the CA airport jetways to the planes. :)

bonnerbl likes this.
  15. shay mac

shay mac New Member

Status Points:
    She shouldn't have been allowed to have fingernail polish on the plane to begin with because it is flammable.