Woman, 23, dies on United Airlines flight from London Heathrow to New Jersey

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, Dec 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Woman, 23, dies on United Airlines flight from London Heathrow to New Jersey

:(:(:(

norge, anileze and Newscience like this.
  2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, wow, what a loss. Completely understand why they can't comment further, but I'm sure the woman's family and friends are devastated.

3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suspect that occasional deaths on an airplane are more common than most folks know. But for a 23 year old to die in this manner is quite unusual.

anileze and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's rare for such a young lady to die this way, but it's devastating for all involved. Very sad. :(

anileze and Newscience like this.
  5. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    A friend of mine dropped dead suddenly at 25 and another at 32. Both from heart defects. Irony in the latter case is that his father was a cardiac surgeon. :(

anileze, Newscience and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, I guess deaths occur more often on planes than reported in the press, but it's the age in this case which lets people wake up. Overall, it's very sad and yes it's a terrible way to die, too young. Devastating indeed. My condolences to her family, friends and all invloved or directly impacted. :(

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    anileze and Newscience like this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Such deaths surely must have let you thinking for a while, very sad to hear, but nevertheless thanks for sharing your personal experiences with us here. We can only hope to be healthy and are fortunate enough to explore "our" world. Regarding the ages are involved here in deaths, 23, 25 and 32, that's very sad indeed. :(

anileze, Newscience and Gargoyle like this.
  8. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    My sincere condolences for this woman and here family an any flight attendants having to be exposed to this situation.

9. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    This happens a fair bit on the train. People too sick to fly take the train........ but travel takes a serious toll regardless of the mode.

Newscience, anileze and uggboy like this.
  10. hagar2935

hagar2935 Active Member

Status Points:
    My ex-wife is a nurse. On one flight from the Philippines, she was asked to assist a Doctor who was treating a elderly heart attack victim on the flight. They were able to stabilize the patient with emergency CPR and care. The patient was taken from the flight alive, but we never heard if he survived... The airline never said thanks to either the doctor or my wife for their expertise in assisting the patient.

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rude. Which airline was this?

She should have sent a bill to the airline for the services rendered per their request. :)