Woes at the LHR FIrst-Class Lounge?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by kansaskeith, Sep 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed... I know if it affected me personally on a trip I probably would make a fuss of it, even more so if I was revenue rather than award flying, but with that said the comment from superchris does kind of make you think:

:)

EZEIZA and uggboy like this.
  3. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed....I take these posts with a pinch of salt.

They're usually posted by people with boring life's.

4. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    To be sure these types of posts on MP or FT or in print are all are "first world" problems (if one can still say that in polite company). However, it speaks to a lowered standard in general at BA lounges and other lounges as well.

5. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would do, if it were not a supply chain blip. But it was, so it doesn't.

Globaliser likes this.
  6. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would disagree. Where do you come up with "supply chain blip"? What is that supposed to infer? You have inside knowledge then I guess? Would you not agree that BA is ultimately responsible for the service and amenities provided in its lounges? So it reflects badly on them, even if it is sub-contractor problem. Period.

7. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I have some inside knowledge. And it was what it was, a temporary issue.

Your mistake was taking a single incident and then suggesting it indicated a lowering of standards in BA Lounges in general. You were wrong. But that's the risk of making extravagant statements on a single datapoint.

Globaliser likes this.
  8. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Obviously, you are privy to more information than I. However, service quality is a rather subjective assessment. To each their own.

9. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was an embarrassing supply chain problem for the airline. Bit there was still Champagne - i mean genuine French product - just not the usual standard.

BA generally serve good champagne in the lounges - generally these days at LHR the same as they serve in the cabin (Grand Siecle), plus a Rose (Bolly for the last few months). From what I've seen, others kepp the good stuff only for the flight and keep something like Lanson or Moet in the F lounge - or sometimes even a local sparking wine.

Anyway back to normal now.