Withdrawal Limit?

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by Explore, Oct 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently requested a withdrawal of repaid loan money, and learned that Kiva has a $10K limit on a single withdrawal.

However, I also recall that frequent withdrawals are (or were?) discouraged. It's been 3 months since my previous withdrawal, but with the 10K limit I would either need to request more frequent withdrawals, or loan less money to Kiva (re-depositing most of the loan money is not an option for me). Can anyone provide some guidance here? Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    MissBurrill, YULtide and jbcarioca like this.
  2. ParanoiaTX
    Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI, I've been withdrawing once per month for years and it has not been a problem for Kiva (once some initial hurdles were sorted out -- I had to sign a form).

$10k is one of those special limits for banks, customs, etc and requires extra paperwork, so it does not surprise me that Kiva (or PayPal?) has that too.

MissBurrill and YULtide like this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    The $10,000 limit is only for the automated withdrawals. If you want a larger withdrawal you can email Kiva with your request. Normally they have been quite cooperative with such requests. Frequent withdrawals have been an issue, primarily when deposits and withdrawals have been coordinated, as was a common practice among some of the more creative points hounds among Kiva participants. AFAIK, nobody has had a problem with withdrawals of once or twice per month. My information on this is a bit out of date because i have not made large withdrawals for some time.

4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have also been making withdrawls once a month with zero problems.