With one more planned trip....

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by TravelBear, Sep 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...I will be 500 miles short of Silver with DL. I am not the most savvy at bookings so would love some input. My head gets mushy after so many variations.

I need to fly from AVL to TPA, PIE, or SRQ in late Oct or sometime in Nov. I would like to stay 3 nights but only want to take two days off of work so that looks like Thur-Sun, Fri-Mon or Sat-Tues.

So I have some flexibility and would be willing to consider most anything.

2. thrashsoundly
    Original Member

thrashsoundly Silver Member

Status Points:
    How about just make an extra connection in one of the directions? After you go AVL-ATL you could connect through LGA, CVG or MEM to get to TPA. Any of those options should put you over the miles you need.

3. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is where my knowledge gets quite murky. When I look on the DL site I only get AVL-ATL-AVL, but when I look on other sites I have seen AVL-LGA-TPA-AVL which should give me the mileage I need (2500). Okay, a light bulb just went off.....on the DL site do I use the multi-city option? For some reason I thought flying away from the destination was frowned upon especially since there is a stopover in the direction. This is the kind of thing I would like to actually TALK to someone about. I hope to make it to one of the seminars soon.

4. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:

5. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    The post above concerns me and I might suggest not clicking on those links. No offense to the poster.

uggboy and miles and smiles like this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No need to feel badly about calling out a spammer. Just click on the "report" button and help get it removed.

miles and smiles, Flyer1976 and 8MiHi like this.
  7. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes you can use the multi city option. The airline doesn't care you are paying for it. Who knows you might even get the "this flight is overbooked anybody willing to give up their seat" announcement and get a voucher for later.

8. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    So to close out this thread......I hit silver with DL and now have just under 4k QMs to begin next year with! Not bad for having started mid-year even thinking about doing this.