With new BP, carry FF card!

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, Feb 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good morning from the SkyTeam lounge at LHR!

One thing to note with the change in the boarding cards... I am flying Y and using my ST+ benefits to access the lounge. Since part of my SM number is now x'ed out, they wanted my SM card in order to put my info in their system for access.

I carry my DM card, but having it listed without the full # may create some problems.

:)robin

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somebody should have thought of this before they changed the boarding pass design or alternatively, they should be warning people about this issue. I always carry my card, but it's more convenient not to have to show it. In a few days, I'll have some data points for how this is handled in the domestic SCs. Overseas lounges are usually more fussy about making you prove that you should have access.

3. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will not try it until Wednesday but it is already a pain in the ass to need to pull out ID when you aready have your hands full. Now you are guessing that it might take ID and the SM card? A double pain in the ass for sure.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flying LHR-CDG with AF tonight, and of course my BP just showed ELIT P. The check-in agent at the LHR T4 lounge wanted to know which version of DL ELIT P I was, but didn't ask to see my card (or any ID).

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Domestically SCs have always required a SC card and a photo ID because people could "loan" the SC card to friends (not that any of us would do *that*) ... so

I don't see what's so different here and...

my SC card has a frequent flyer number on it -- albeit from the PMNW days.

DTWBOB

6. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    And yet there are always threads (especially on FT) about the security of our accounts and how DL should never print our full SM# or confirmation # on our BP's. They still print the confirmation number but not the SM#. Personally they should block out part of the confirmation number otherwise I can steal someone's boarding pass and really ruin their day. SM# at least requires a PIN which requires effort to guess correctly.

-RM

deltagoldLass and mersk862 like this.
  7. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    i wonder how they would accept (or not) users of CardStar? i stopped carrying most of my loyalty cards in favor of storing them in my phone via CardStar. if i have proper ID, then them being able to SEE my SM# and pull it up to verify it is me, should be fine. but then again, that sounds logical and probably something that they wouldn't like.

8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tend to show my boarding pass and passport for SC access. The only time I showed my SC card in recent memory was when I temporarily could not find the boarding pass, which reappeared as soon as I was seated.

9. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    With any Confirmation Number and Name you can View the itinerary on delta.com which shows the Skymiles Number so this doesn't really provide much security....

10. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    True - but I still can't do anything with their SM account! I can screw with their reservation, though (seat assignments, etc.).

-RM

DeltaExpert likes this.
  11. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which is why posting the SM on the boarding pass isn't any different....

12. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is an enhancement to the 2012 skymiles program. Don't worry, we will be hearing about this soon!!

deltagoldLass and DeltaExpert like this.