With Footwear Scanners Failing in Airport Tests, the Shoes Still Have to Come Off

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by rwoman, Aug 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always find this topic funny considering I rarely have to take my shoes of anywhere outside of the US!!

:)

NY Times: With Footwear Scanners Failing in Airport Tests, the Shoes Still Have to Come Off

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    In technology, we trust, @ DUB it's now rarely that I have to take my shoes off, but @ LGW they want that I take my shoes off every single time [ so far ] Mixed bag.;) More annoying IMHO is that now even when connecting on one journey, the extra layers of security at many airports mean that more often than not, we will be asked to take our shoes off, but what also happens sometimes is that I can go through a metal detector without the beeps going off, and at other times with still the same shoes on, the detector goes off and I must go back, take my shoes off and do it all over again.

3. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    They always make me take off my thin flip-flops in the U.S., which is silly (no way to hide anything in them).