Wish list: floor plans to rooms.

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Weatherboy, Mar 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It sure would be nice to have room & suite floorplans for review on HHonors' properties websites so we can see what exactly we're getting ourselves into :) Same is true for a resort map for some of the larger properties.

There are some sites that do offer floorplans (like the Orlando Bonnet Creek W=A and Hilton both offer room & suite floorplans on their local conference & sales website, the Hilton Waikoloa Village has floorplans of rooms & suites and a resort map on their own website), but it's not a universal thing.

Is there some online resource or travel agent tool where floorplans to rooms/suites do exist? Or is it just hit/miss with HHonors properties?

macbookguy and uggboy like this.
  2. macbookguy

macbookguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I love the idea of SeatGuru for hotel rooms... RoomGuru. But I think there are too many little variations even in the chains for it to be practical. It would be nice if the chains could figure it out and get it on but I have a feeling at least some hotels probably consider it proprietary information.

3. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was the original idea behind Room77.com - include floorplans and room layouts to help select the room of your choice. (FastCompany Article, BoardingArea Post by Darren/FrequentlyFlying)

Last time I tried the site it had very limited information for the properties that I was reviewing.

wrxmom likes this.
  4. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    If hotels want us to pay more for suites, they should at least show what we're getting. I was at a Hilton property recently where it was described online as "2 bedroom, maybe more than 1 bath" and would have liked to see what exactly that means. There's other times when I want to make sure sinks are behind a closed door with the toilet/shower/tub.

5. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use room77.com a lot, but you're right, the information is limited.

MyTravels likes this.