Windshield Wiper Malfunction Causes 3+ Hour Delay on Megabus

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 31, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    While the bus sat at the truck stop just off Exit 84 of Interstate 81 somewhere east of Fort Chiswell, Virginia at approximately 2:20 in the morning, I overheard the bus driver downstairs on the bus contemplating placing a service call for a mechanic because the windshield wipers were no longer operable, as they created a strange grinding noise every time they were switched on. The light rain had stopped some time ago; but I suppose she was concerned about there being additional rain along the route; or perhaps the windshield of the bus getting sprayed with water from a passing vehicle — such as a tractor trailer with 18 wheels, for example. I can understand that — safety first for the passengers. With the rain having stopped for some time after staying at the truck stop for at least 20 minutes — it was not a scheduled stop — the bus driver decided to... The post Windshield Wiper Malfunction Causes 3+ Hour Delay on Megabus appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...