win it in a minute

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by EYK, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure if how public this forums is yet but it seems that people are "hacking" the win it to minute contest I'm not gonna explain exactly how to do it but googling "hack a flash game" might give you some pointers. I just thought I'd level the playing field a bit.

2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting, I would never have thought to even Google that. Lots of people over on FT seem rather up in arms about the idea that there are bots or people hacking the game. Personally, I just find it fun to test myself. I was in the top one day and for the week the first week it was up, so I have earned some points -- before there were 5000 people who played before I even rolled out of bed in the AM.

Despite hacking/bots/etc., my honest playing today has me in the top 50 (at least for the moment), so there is something to be said for honesty as well...and itchy trigger fingers!

3. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    you have to be pretty talented and lucky to get top 50 nowadays congrats!! I only thought to google it once the scores got so hard to beat.

4. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've lost interest in playing because of the sponsor's inability to prevent cheaters from winning. It's a shame. I preferred the weekly photo location game.

If I have to cheat to obtain points the members of less desirable forums (thinking SD and FW here, not FT) can have it. I'll still end up with more in the long run since I use hotels for more than a free night.

5. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    The irony is most people "cheated" with the photo game it was just that everyone got the points.

BAppelt and TheBeerHunter like this.
  6. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I cheated to the extent that if my first day guess was obviously wrong I went with the group's collective decision. Always tried my best on my own the first day though. But then again I suppose even doing my own image searching and research could be construed as cheating - I didn't guess based solely on the IHG clues and photo.

7. flunky
    Original Member

flunky Silver Member

Status Points:
    This worked to my advantage at Hilton a few years ago. They had a game where the top so many scores would earn diamond status. I signed up & played once. After the game got hacked, they just had a random drawing with everybody who signed up & I was one of the people who won diamond status. I never would have played that game to have a chance at winning.

8. Bigcountry
    Original Member

Bigcountry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, hacking a free points game

9. iceman77_7
    Original Member

iceman77_7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm... I'm no programming expert, but I would think it would be possible for IHG to detect whether or not their game has been hacked. In any case, I hope they find a way to weed out those that hacked the game. I've heard reports of IHG closing accounts for irregular activities, but I hope they don't use IP address as one criteria. I have multiple family members with legitimate long standing accounts, all playing the game from the same IP address. Then again, we aren't doing that great, maybe 2 of 4 get a daily prize each week, and 1 of 4 wins a weekly.

10. Aussie-Trekker

Aussie-Trekker Active Member

Status Points:
    Right there with you, I looked at the hacking link and thought why bother, it's only a game. It's lost all the fun of it now. The picture game at least gave you time to do research etc. I'm pretty good and most of the time get 4 or 5 right in the first couple of seconds, but I'm never on the pace.

11. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    No fair! I haven't scored anything through my account or my wife's and as of today I've quit playing - and submitted an email explaining why. They may very well be detecting cheaters (but doesn't look like it based on winners' lists) and if so, they need to get them off the high scores list.

12. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I spoke to 2 FT'ers yesterday at the Business Travel Show in London, both of whom independently told me that they were going to quit playing the game. Personally, I'm sticking with it because the more people drop out, the greater my chance of winning. It should also get easier towards the end of the week (for a daily prize) and end of the month (for a monthly prize) due to the 'one prize only' rule.

IC IS by the way very active on closing duplicate accounts. This has happened twice to me - obviously my own fault for having 2 accounts. They must be tracking by IP address because all other info, including the registered address, was different. However, they seem fine with accounts with different names at the same household (logically) which is ironic since of course you can redeem for a room in any name, not just the account name.

Exiled in Express and Globaliser like this.
  13. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually think it's pretty fun - points or no points. I'm sure some are hacking and cheating. That's always the case. But the questions can be interesting, and if/when you pick up some free points (admittedly less and less likely) that's good too.

Maybe I'm hooked because I got some free points the first week when there wasn't so much competition.

sc801 and TheBeerHunter like this.
  14. DrG
    Original Member

DrG Gold Member

Status Points:
    It may not be worth fretting over the cheaters too much, depending on how many there are and how many accounts each are using. According to the rules, there is a prize limit per week and month.

15. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, but with 13000 players, and only 250 daily winners each week, there's pretty stiff competition still. Seems to take in the upper 40s to get a daily win, and I could see that hitting 50 at the rate we're going.

16. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    Funny, me too. A few days ago I decided to bail only to find myself sneaking back in the door with the same thoughts. Either that or I'm just a hopeless addict ... :D

17. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    It's like not switching to the faster lane on the highway (in traffic) because everyone else is switching.

18. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Took a look at those hacking sites, all seems like a bit too much hard work for what is involved.

The way I see it, this is meant to be a bit of fun. I'm not going to get angry over cheats or hackers. Yes I would like to be getting some free points, but if I have to stoop to what some people are alleged to be doing I would rather miss out.

I'm going to continue to play in the hope that I fluke a win somewhere along the line. I've won nothing yet so I am obviously not as smart as I thought I was nor are my reflexes what they used to be.

lin821 likes this.
  19. Oh goodness - really? Hacking the game? I enjoy being tested with the questions! And sometimes think - oh I should visit that place - oh well, what are we going to do? I'll keep playing for the fun of it I guess since I doubt I'll be able to beat the hackers fair and square!

20. Mike1625
    Original Member

Mike1625 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your post just reminded me of some inner anger. (not at you) I really wanted to win that Hilton contest. I have been Hilton gold for many years but never made Diamond. I played their maze games so many times. I think I estimated over 30 hours invested playing the games. I put myself in position to get Diamond, then they canceled the game, threw out all my time and effort and I didn't win the random drawing. Funny thing is, it was a contest sponsors by Amex and Hilton, I am a pretty good customer of both of theirs. I told them I would take my business elsewhere, and they didn't care (shame on me for not following through).

mechteach likes this.
  21. cr34102
    Original Member

cr34102 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm so glad to read that the high scores are possibly due to hacking. I was starting to think it was just me!!

(Although I'd like to think my slowness comes from mouse mismanagement more than lack of knowledge)[​IMG]

22. MrAOK
    Original Member

MrAOK Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I didn't hack. I feel if I only could speed read, I'd do a better job on the game. On the other hand, twice now I've questions about places around the world where I've been that I could answer because I'd been to them.

That was nice

23. 2muchentropy
    Original Member

2muchentropy Silver Member

Status Points:
    What if this whole contest is a test to weed out some otherwise legit accounts? No way in heck would I risk this kind of "cheating" for a few points against my whole account total/status/etc.

24. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's run by an offsite company - eprize - who should have an ability to just weed out fraudulent entries. But being an outside company, I kinda doubt PC would trust them to weed out entire accounts.

25. Wings
    Original Member

Wings Silver Member

Status Points:
    On the first day of the promo I got 4/5 for like 34K points and won!,somewhere around 40th place I think. Since then, I've had subpar days and not come close....now today I rocked it. I got all 5 and scored 45K points and now I'm not even in the top 100! :( I can't believe how quickly it changed. However, like others have said there no way people can constantly get over 45K 4 or 5/days a week without some kind of cheating.