Win a United Airlines Devaluation Belt!

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by katstarr, Nov 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    marcwint55, eddie, Newscience and 2 others like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did Milepoint cover the massive UA devaluation for their Travel and Upgrade Awards?

Here's the chart: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/news/United-Award-Chart-02-01-14.pdf

This really smells, and I expect other major US airlines (AA, DL, US) to soon follow. :mad:

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, but UA would have to pay me to wear that.

meFIRST and Newscience like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    As of February 1, 2014, here's what more Milepointers will probably be seeing from their line in the UA coach boarding area, looking at the UA bc/fc boarding area:

[​IMG]

marcwint55 likes this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This will not slow UA down one but, and Award Travel will be easier to get.

Cab Drivers in NYC are selling Miles and Food Stamps, while recommending stocks, Time to step up your game.

6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even far out awards for next year are getting less available at the Saver Rate (I check frequently for "L" class availability, also known as Lavatory Class to those Elites who may not be familiar with the other paid classes!) and my looking for award space for my wife and me for a trip to London in April, or Belfast, or an open jaw YYZ-LHR-BFS-YYZ (saving the UK APD) has little if any availability for many dates I've checked at the Saver rates, yet plenty of flights available at the higher rates, and I'm not going to use 50/55k each way for two tix in the back. I could have booked two tickets for last Sept. for 60k each RT then, not going to use almost twice that amount for next year's trips. So although the rate charts may show no change in some rates, it looks like they've tightened availability on that space to get us to book awards at the higher rate classes.