"Win a Million Points"

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by IMH, Apr 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. IMH
    Original Member

IMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mails have started to go out telling us about this Le Club Accorhotels competition.

No need to have a FaceTwit account. An easy 500 points and a (presumably slim) shot at substantially more.

chontzy, Kalboz, IkeEsq and 4 others like this.
  2. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks just got played and got 500 points ;)

3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, got 500 points!

4. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Got 500 points. Only worked in IE, though. Couldn't get the page to load properly in Firefox.

5. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks IMH, got the 500 points :)

Kalboz likes this.
  6. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got 500 points as well.
    Remember to try again in 7 days!

IkeEsq likes this.
  7. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wife and I got 500 points each. Worked OK in Firefox, but I had to temporarily allow scripts. I also had to right-click to paste. Weird. Thanks OP!

8. copilot

copilot New Member

Status Points:
    7 days later, play again and get more 500 points:confused:

9. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I played a few times and got a rock

Then I remembered one day and played again and got 25k points.

I love these promos. :)

PointHoarder likes this.
  10. cyberdog

cyberdog Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, this competition is over now! :(

11. PointHoarder
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Looks like they've started posting the 500 bonus points to people's account.
    Mine has just been credited.

viguera likes this.
  12. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah my "prize" posted this morning.

I was unfamiliar with the redemption options for Accor though, so I had to do some research. Apparently you can "order" hotel vouchers which are fully transferable and you can use to pay for your stay and/or services in part or in combination with cash, but only at checkout.

Of course the downside is that they apparently don't make change, so if you have $300 worth of vouchers (10k points) and your bill is $275, you're basically out $25 -- if I read it properly.

The vouchers can be "ordered" on the site at the rate of $60 or €40 for 2k points and you print them out and present them to the front desk for redemption.

Sucks that there's no cash and point system online to maximize the redemption opportunity, and that you have to lug the printed vouchers around to pay for the stay rather than them allowing you to make some kind of electronic transaction to pre-pay for the stay.

And the fact that you have to do things this way means you are not allowed to use any form of promotional/reduced rate for the stay and instead have to book at a regular rate and post-pay.

13. PointHoarder
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I agree, Club Accorhotels has got to be amongst the most underwhelming and overly complicated hotel loyalty programs out there.
    Also note that the the bonus points expire after a year, unless you actually do stay at one of their properties. So anyone who got one of the '500 points' will see them expire after a year unless they do complete a stay, as promo bonus points do not extend their 'lives'.
    And since they don't seem to have that many earning partners opportunities, hotel stays are pretty much the way to go to accrue points.

14. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:

Yeah I was going through their site and saw some of the earning options and it's not really straight forward. 1 point per euro here, 1 point per 2 euros there, points based on status, etc.

It's not far from some of the earning options on some credit cards, but it's very different from the other major hotel programs.

15. PointHoarder
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I believe they recently hired someone new to run their loyalty program, who previously ran Air France's Flying Blue program. Given how unappealing I find that FF program to be, my expectations for improvements to the Club Accorhotels programs are pretty low, in spite of their recent rebranding (the rationale behind which I still don't quite get, but hey...) :rolleyes:

16. paddy45

paddy45 Member

Status Points:
    Hi there am platinum member of the worst hotel programme in the world. Arrogant and very rude office staff outside Paris. Wish they would get a grip as their hotels especially Sofitel brand excellent. Why is their customer care so poor?

17. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome aboard...

The Accor guys on facebook are actually pretty good at addressing complaints from guests -- or at least they seem to be. :)

You might want to drop by and just leave a comment and see if it gets heard somewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/leclubaccorhotels