Win a Free Ticket to the oneworld MegaDO | December to Remember

Discussion in 'OWMD (oneworld MegaDO)' started by Randy Petersen, Dec 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    OWMD | The most exclusive mileage run ever

When the oneworld MegaDO sold out in 17 minutes, there was little doubt that this exclusive offer to fly along on the ultimate travel junkie mileage run was going to be unique—we know that for sure with what is planned.

With the hope that we could extend this unique experience to others, every attempt was made to try and secure a larger plane. That option was not available. So, the founders of milepoint decided to try and get one more frequent flyer on the plane and it involved a tried and proven method ... we drew straws. Shortest straw would give up their seat to put one more person in the flyers seat.

Well, I drew the short straw and am here to announce a December to Remember—a chance for someone to win a free trip on this years oneworld MegaDO. And it is not just any seat, it's mine!

First of all – the event.

Like prior MegaDO's, this one promises to be spectacular. With stops in Dallas, Seattle and Los Angeles there are sure to be several amazing events along the way. I don't want to say too much, as the hosts like to keep a few surprises up their sleeves, but I don't think I'll be giving anything away when I tell you the itinerary includes:
    • Informal get togethers with the executives of American Airlines providing an inside look at this airline, as well as executives from Hyatt Hotels, Qantas Airlines and more.
    • Boeing Factory and Boeing Museum of Flight tours with access to areas and events never experienced in any prior MegaDO event.
    • Opportunities to participate in two unique bonus offers: Hyatt and AAdvantage.
    As my replacement, you will enjoy:
    • Hours and hours of great conversation with the other passengers about miles, points, and the experience that MegaDO's have beome
    • A swag bag that would make Academy Awards guests jealous
    • Free hotel nights as part of the charter flight: Hyatt Regency DFW, Hyatt Regency Bellevue (Seattle) and Hyatt Regency Century Plaza (Los Angeles)
    • AND if you are lucky enough to be the winner with either Silver, Gold or Platinum status on milepoint, free flights to/from your location to the actual charter flight departure city of Dallas from anywhere in the world (it really is easy to earn this status on milepoint, simply participate in the various threads/conversations in our travel forums when you are not posting to the December to Remember thread!)
    • You'll also be eligible to participate in the European sectors and events if you wish.
    • Tommy and Ed and Gary (the other co-founders of milepoint will carry your bags for free!
    • And some folding money for that early morning Starbucks and any additional meals if you're the hungry type. As well, you'll have a chance to play the Boss and pick up a few tabs at the bar or any other random acts of kindness for your fellow passengers—all of which will be reimbursed by me
    So, at this point you might be wondering, "What do I have to do to get my hands on Randy's OWMD ticket?"

I'll be selecting a member who demonstrates their enthusiasm and desire to fly along on this oneworld MegaDO. All you have to do is post to this thread, anything, even a single word to earn a chance to win a ticket to the OWMD event. It will certainly be worth your effort because this is one scarce flight to try and book.

I'll be picking the winner at random and you can post as many times as you want before 12:00 p.m. (noon) Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - Mountain Time. You read that right. All you have to do to be eligible for this unique experience as my replacement is to post something – anything, even a single word – into the December to Remember thread. It only takes a single entry to be the lucky one, AND you can post and enter as many times as you like to enter because frankly we know it to be a losing cause to try and stop or temper your enthusiasm to win. But do me a favor – no large type size posts, no images and no colored text.

Good luck and thanks for your continued support of milepoint.

P.S. You might want to tell other friends and flyers to enter for a chance to win—Good Karma does work, and besides, if not you that wins, then someone you know is just as rewarding! The winning seat is transferable to anyone so current passengers on the flight can participate to win a "buddy seat" for someone they know.

Also, daily winners for a chance to win $100 Starbucks gift card.

While bummed to not be able to go this time (that short straw will get you every time), I'm very happy with the co-founders of milepoint in how we are constantly trying to put our members first. Here's just one such example ... one more seat.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    THE RULES (such as they are):
    There is only a single rule – No posting bots. Anyone not personally posting themselves risks their entry to remember December. Fair enough?

AND finally, even if you don't fly oneworld airlines, you'll be welcome and have the very same positive experience as all the other members. It is open to all.

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    And the daily winners (member to first post daily at 12:33 pm—the time of the original post announcing the opportunity to fly along on the OWMD.
    Friday Dec. 2 — msv* (post #6240)
    Saturday Dec. 3 — k_malm* (post #11124)
    Sunday Dec. 4 — karung99* (post #16593)
    Monday Dec. 5 — Lighthouse* (post #22499)
    Tuesday Dec. 6 — LizzyDragon84* (post #28225)
    Wednesday Dec. 7 — HNL* (post #33232)
    Thursday Dec. 8 — Titans26* (post #38968)
    Friday Dec. 9 — HNL* (post #43959)
    Saturday Dec. 10 — HNL* (post #49335)
    Sunday Dec. 11 — Pat89339* (post #54634)
    Monday Dec. 12 — JALPak* (post #60635)
    Tuesday Dec. 13 — HNL* (post #67919)

WINNER: Thursday Dec. 8 — Titans26* (post #38968)
    * Daily winners are eligible for a random drawing for a $100 Starbucks gift card at the conclusion of the giveaway.

And the winner of this years' December to Remember OWMD giveaway for my seat*:
    Pat89339
    This member's winning Random entry.

*thanks to Tim and the tech guys for their use of Random.org and the determination of the winning entry.

4. Skyvillager
    Original Member

Skyvillager Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there an option for the winner to transfer the seat back to you, Randy?

5. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1!

6. nieder2
    Original Member

nieder2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very generous Randy, I'll be happy to be the boss for a couple days.

7. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    What a great opportunity Randy. Thanks for the opportunity.

8. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, an opportunity I said!

9. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess that means you have to fly commercial for the events then :p

10. Andrew72681

Andrew72681 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Woohoo. Hopefully the random generator will pick me.

11. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    First post from me in this thread is simply to say thanks for this opportunity to join the MegaDO (if I get lucky)

/HerrO

HeathrowGuy likes this.
  12. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe we can bring Randy along in our carry on for Tommy, Ed, Gary to carry around!

13. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fun! I've been wanting to try to the BUD-JFK route, but the connection to IAH is not so good. I could go BUD-JFK-DFW instead!

14. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, just seeing if the random generator picks me. I figure if I win, then I will be putting the seat up for grabs on my blog.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  15. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I guess there must be a Platinum somewhere ;)

16. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    I remember doing this kind of thing back in the day on that old board... Nice to try in a new space!

17. scotti81

scotti81 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the offer!

18. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, this is the second one here (SMD3 had one here) though it was for Randy's seat buddies. Now we are actively kicking him off the plane

19. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh goodie... this is going to turn into a 6k page thread like the other MegaDo. :)

I don't think I have the energy this time, as much as I'd like to participate. That doesn't preclude me from wanting to win though, even though these things always seem to happen around a planned vacation -- Star was around a trip to the Keys and this one a trip to HNL.

MrsBobSgt likes this.
  20. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello, PWP. Nice to meet you again. :D

21. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. Or if you won't take it, I'd offer it up to your lovely bride - she, too, deserves to participate in some of the fun that we have been so fortunate to experience!

drewbles likes this.
  22. TelevisionTdTina

TelevisionTdTina Silver Member

Status Points:
    What an awesome travel trove! Thank you for the continuing opportunities!

mommafrica likes this.
  23. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    OH NO! A MegaDo WITHOUT Randy! What is the world coming to! Well, if someone has to take your seat I hope its me. I didn't win Brian's contest so with any luck I can prevail here.

My last attempt to win a seat.... http://youtu.be/XeNMAVNgKpw

Travelsavant likes this.
  24. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    OH

YULtide and Mrs. Gargoyle like this.
  25. TelevisionTdTina

TelevisionTdTina Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lucky post #???? 24. Or... 25 works!

Thread Status: