Willard InterContinental: Trip Report

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Million Mile Secrets, Jun 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used my Sweet Dilemma nights at The Willard InterContinental in Washington, DC.

The Willard's location in DC can't be beat - it is minutes from The White House and The National Mall. The hotel is very elegant and our room faced the Washington Monument!

We chose the Willard InterContinental to redeem our points because it was a great use of our free nights! The regular room rate for the King Bed Deluxe room was $329 + $47 in taxes for a total of $376 per night - and that's not including the value of upgrades!

I blogged a 34 picture trip report on The Willard InterContinental here.

Here's a teaser picture (because I'm too lazy to upload all 34 pictures here!):

Willard InterContinental  - Lobby during day.JPG

sobore and gleff like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Enjoyed the report!

One tip, you don't need to upload the pictures here, you can always pull the photos from wherever they're already uploaded.

In fact, if I'm copying a photo off my blog I literally just copy from my blog and paste it here, the text editor works wonders. ;)

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great Report! Thanks!

4. Million Mile Secrets

Status Points:
    Glad you liked it!

5. Million Mile Secrets

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip! I'll try copying the pictures from my blog and pasting them here next time.

I also didn't want to post duplicate content from my blog over here. I saw someone get called out for it here :oops:

Is it appropriate to copy and past my entire blog post to MilePoint?

Stay tuned for more trip reports - I've got to write about AA Flagship, BA New First, and Jet Airways First.

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    For what it's worth, my take is
    (1) it's your content, so you can certainly post it here even if you also posted it somewhere else
    (2) I'd rather see the content posted here rather than just links "check out my blog post" because then it's one less thing to click on.

But as I say, that's my own personal take, and I've posted things here that I've also posted on my blog.

Look forward to the writeup!