will Win Mobile save Nokia in the USA?

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Gaucho, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im a die hard Windows and MS fan for most of my computing needs, but just recently jumped ship and swapped my Nokia N97 for an Iphone 4. Now we know that Nokia will kill Symbian and go Windows for its new phones....

I loved my N97's hardware... but the software just sucked. With serious tech Gurus like ScottC saying Windows Mobile is a great OS, I wonder if Windows will save Nokia and have me dumping Apple's Iphone.....?

Also, Nokia seems to never have enjoyed the recognition in the US that it still (kinda) has in Asia and Europe.... is this move to MS its last chance at getting a "decent" chunk of the US market...?

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nokia has always been a great hardware company, but the key to any success is a solid windows mobile ecosystem, which at the moment is sorely lacking. If that ecosystem does not really develop within the next year, then it will be a failure for Nokia.

3. The Cydia/Unlock/3rd party app stores are exactly why I haven't jumped ship to Android or WP7.