Will United keep "Farelock" and "24 Hour Hold" for 2012

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Titans26, Aug 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My apologies if my questions have been asked or answered before. Continental offers, Continental.com club, "farelock" and a 24 hour hold on reservations if you pay Western Union, charge before midnight the next day, or pick up at the airport. Will they continue these programs with the "new" United in 2012? You can still purchase a Continental.com Club membership today, good through August 2012. Thank you in advance.

miles and smiles likes this.
  2. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So far as I know, those details haven't been announced yet. If you check out the United forums, there's a lot of discussion about all the changes being created by the merger.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    FareLock will almost certainly survive. It is a great way for the company to accumulate more money with very little cost. The fact that AA introduced a comparable feature in the recent past is another indication that the trend is growing, not recessing.

It also seems unlikely that the Western Union payment function will go away, so the associated free hold will likely remain.

The club thing is much more up in the air at this point. I can see that going either way.