Will SQ Flexi fare (LHR-SIN) earn MP miles?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bungalow1225, May 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bungalow1225

bungalow1225 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I searched this forum for this topic but did not see it. If I should ask in the Singapore Airlines forum, will do so.

Will an economy ticket purchased at the Flexi level via the SQ website earn miles in MileagePlus?

If so, will it earn 100% or some lower portion?

The SQ telephone agent wouldn't/couldn't tell me. Said I should "call United." Right. Also gave a very confusing explanation about whether mileage earning was the same for Flexi and for Flexi Saver fares booked online. Very unclear. My main concern is will I get the miles on United?

Thanks!

B1225

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can the agent tell you the actual fare basis? That's what matters. Compare the first letter to the list here: http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...s/Pages/AirlinePartnerDetails.aspx?ItemId=304.

Also, if you can recreate the fare on other booking engines they might show you the fare basis more easily. Or, if you share the fare date and price I'm sure someone here can give a pretty good guess as to the fare basis and earning potential.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    SQ won't be able to tell you about UA miles earning and redeeming, but they can tell you the exact fare code, which normally implies the fare class.

4. bungalow1225

bungalow1225 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks as always. Appreciate the info (and WA, your travel tools online are great - just discovered them).

The SQ web site for this search shows:

Fare basis code: ENOW028

First letter there = E (which is 100% earned on UAL).

On ITA it shows up as Y, no E in sight. Price about 10% higher.

On UA's site, I can't get non-stops when I look for LHR-SIN. I get LH flights mostly, through FRA, a couple on Thai - and no SQ flights.

Thanks again.

B1225