Will MP also get an official HHonors Ambassador

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by WilliamQ, Jul 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Judging by the traffic in this forum, that will be an extremely part-time position.

WilliamQ likes this.
  3. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, in truth, I think the social media team of an organisation usually manages all social media forums as a team so I would not be surprised if the same team that handles FT could be used to liaise with MP. Ideally, it would be best to have a dedicated team but well, I will settle for some official spokesman.

The SPG thread in MP is pretty well handled by William and his co-workers :)

bigx0 likes this.
  4. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not an easy job for the social media team to handle all posts and queries and from forums.

From what I observed at FT, the HH Ambassador's thread was immediately flooded with complaints and suggestions, and some of those could have actually been solved by contacting HH directly to settle any disputes.

I suppose this is a 2 way traffic, whichever representatives appearing at the forum must be prepared to handle the avalanche of posts; at the same time, forumers must understand that there is a human being behind there and so be reasonable with their posts.

blackjack-21, edekba and WilliamQ like this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For many years, Adam Burke was the HHonors representative on FT until he left the company, which left a large void for a while. Adam handled many, many requests and problems, including a couple from me, efficiently and with an always friendly and helpful comment when needed. Then not too long ago, the new HHonors FT group representatives appeared and as mentioned above, they all got jumped on with many requests, complaints, and comments that probably could have been handled just as well by either emails or calls to the HHonors desk. But Adam Burke had left the scene well before all the devaluations, consolidations, and complaints got so evident, and many more bonuses and perks were available during his time at HHonors.

Nowadays, with all the many new HHonors CC holders who often expect and demand more then they're actually due because they haven't read and understood or don't care about the T&C's, perhaps the new group of HHonors reps at FT have gotten a little "gunshy" with the deluge of requests and complaints they've gotten at the outset, and aren't too enthused about heading to another FF website to get the same welcoming flood.

6. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree that the biggest problem is lotsa "achieved Gold easily" customers suddenly becoming DYKWIA. Hotels are part of the service industry, but stand in the shoes of the hotel management. Between 2 customers of status: one got it for free with credit card and one got via stays/nights/points, who will you want to treat better.

WilliamQ and blackjack-21 like this.
  7. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Over a long time and with each newer generation of customers arriving on the scene, it seems more demands and less patience are evident, which leads me to call them the "Gimme Generation", expecting more and with faster results, while not willing to work harder to get it.

WilliamQ likes this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you know how much blood, sweat and tears goes into manufactured spend? I mean, people actually have to actually go to Walmart !! ;)

Counsellor, blackjack-21 and WilliamQ like this.
  9. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unless of course they use their iPad, iPhone, or even (gasp) a pc to go to Walmart's website from the comfort of their home, car, pool, office, cottage, or tent, to order the requisant necessities to manufacture the needed requirement fulfillments, apparently. :) Or buying GC with CC to get the FF card's miles/points or "freebies" which are not actually free after all is said and done, because you've paid for them in one way or t'other, is time consuming, gas wasting (oh wait, use a gasoline company's CC...), and involves lots of planning, spending, and of course, thought provoking, .......work.

Tough job, but I guess someone had to do it.

Counsellor likes this.
  10. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    that's true, definitely more DYKWIA-types for Hilton, due to the credit card affiliated Gold status..:D