Will InsideFlyer Subscribers get Premium Membership?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by wijomas, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. wijomas
    Original Member

wijomas Gold Member

Status Points:
    As the title suggests - will Inside Flyer subscribers get premium (ad-free) membership here on MilePoint?

2. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's a great idea? I support it ;)

3. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Apparently there is "status" to be earned by participating in MP and according to description when you reach "Gold", you'll get an ad-free existence at MP. I'd guess there won't be a quick no-ad route in that case. They aren't as obtrusive here as I've seen elsewhere, but I do agree that a quick path to removal would've been preferred.

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    a good question ans while it is a topic on the punch list, we didn't rate that as being important in just building this platform for the beta. As noted, there is an easy method to earn ad-free just for being a positive member and i have no doubts several will be there already just from the Beta period. Having said that, we actually do have plans for other methods of ad-free but for this venture we're tossing around what that value proposition is like. We are currently exploring interesting value-ads which would get you there but be more than just ad-free. Anyway, on the list, appreciate the comments and support and I'm hoping that you earn the ad-free just by being a great contributing poster as i know all of you are. cheers.

5. karenkay
    Original Member

karenkay Gold Member

Status Points:
    i'm a happy inside flyer subscriber to keep my ft experience ad free, but also want to remind you that there's always adblock. ;)

WilCo likes this.
  6. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never used/needed it before, being able to ignore most ads. I'll see how this goes, and if the ads begin to bother me, I'll look into adware. Thanks for the reminder.