will I make it to CDG for my flight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by gobluetwo, Jun 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Real time drama, folks. Have a flight from cdg to the US in about 80 min. Grave accident on the A1, I'm told. Been sitting in a cab for about 70 min so far. I just passed La Courneuve, which is still apparently about 13km from the airport. Over/under on how long it takes to get there? Am I in any danger of missing my flight? Should I call my airline? I heard I should give it an hour to get there, but wasn't anticipating a fatal accident. Argh.

2. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Update - I made it! It tok another 30 min fromthe time I posted, but once it cleared up, the driver floored it to the tune of 140km/h. They were closing up shop at the UA gates, but they let me get a BP and sent me through to passport control. Got to the gate a few min after they started boarding and just made it on about 5-10 min ago. I was stressed!

ShopAround, Casey Friday and viguera like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You were lucky that they let you make the flight. I think the final cutoff for flights to the USA is supposed to be an hour before flight time if you're not already checked in or must drop a bag. Having status with UA might have helped.

gobluetwo likes this.
  4. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    The lady on the phone did say 60 min and tried to put me on the 5 something flight to DC. I figured I'd give it a shot first. And actually, I had checked in online the day before but wasn't in a position to print my BP. Forgot to do so from the hotel this morning. Either way, I feel fortunate to have made it!