Will I have a problem? (question about flying on the same PNR)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by avflyer, Oct 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I will be traveling on a R/T on the same PNR. On the inbound legs, she will not continue on to the ticketed final destination. Should I split the PNR? If I do, what excuse do I use as a reason to do so?

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd split the PNR. I dunno that you need a reason. Maybe upgrade instrument use or something?

avflyer likes this.
  3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If it's the final segment, I'm not sure it'll really matter will it?

avflyer likes this.
  4. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is the final segment, but since I will be traveling on to the original destination, I don't want to get hassled.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It wouldn't hurt to split the PNR just in case her skipping the final flight gets noted on your FF account. It's unlikely to cause trouble, but if there's no advantage to being on the same PNR, I'd ask that it be split as an extreme precaution.

If asked for a reason, you could say that in case of IROPs, it will be more important to get to your destination than to be kept together, and that you would want an OPUP if the opportunity arises even if you and your wife would not be together. This is very reasonable. You might even add that you only just noticed that you two were booked on a single PNR.

JohnDeere19, avflyer and Flyer1976 like this.
  6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    United Agents don't really care about why someone wants to split a PNR... There's a multitude of reasons that people would want to split the PNRs, so to the OP...I'd just call UA and request that you want to split the PNR...If they truly asked you can just say "for upgrade reasons".

avflyer likes this.