Will earning 200K EQMs in a year earns me 4 years of SEN?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by General_Flyer, Jan 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am rather curious as to this topic..

I'm supposed to qualify for SEN for the first time this year, and am thinking what if I accrued another 100k before the year ends? Will I earn another 2 years of SEN or will it just be dismissed as Award Miles and I will earn no eVouchers? I can always accrue 150K+ this year and be done, and start re-qualifying again the beginning of next year.

So what's going to be posted here may ultimately affect my travel for the year. Thanks a bunch!

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your assumption of award miles and no evouchers is correct. However- if you are acquiring this many miles you may well be able to make it to HON Circle which is a very nice step up from Senator level.

General_Flyer likes this.
  3. Yiannis K

Yiannis K Active Member

Status Points:
    During a calendar year, if you collect 100k status miles you receive SEN status for the following 2 years - status always expire in February. Any extra status miles will not give you anything more except if you reach 600k (counting last year's as well), when you become a HON.

Now, to extend your SEN status is about the same way as becoming one - when you get 100k status miles in any calendar year you set your status expiry 2 years ahead of the extending year. Not plus 2 years at the end of the existing expiry.

4. General_Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately I do not fly with LH, I only accrue status as part of the double dip program with SQ. Therefore I won't be able to obtain HON.

So as of now, my status ends (as Frequent Traveler) in 2016. Therefore if I become SEN, I'd be seeing the same expiry date in 2016 correct?

You put up a very interesting notion however. Last year I qualified for Frequent Traveler for the first time, it gave me status until 2014. I re-qualified several days ago, and it still puts me into 2016 as expiry.

5. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you qualify for SEN for the first time in 2012 then you should have SEN status until February 2015. First time qualifiers get remainder of the calendar year + 2 years + 2 months.

Requalification for SEN is based on 2013 or 2014 flying.

6. domas

domas Active Member

Status Points:
    M&M web interface is somewhat misleading, it shows HON target for Senators, yet it seems to include UA miles in the display.
    Now that we're talking beyond Senator, are there any special benefits for millions of miles over the years?

(and HON needs circa 300k miles a year, not that easy, if 200k is in question)

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    No benefit AFAIK

8. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    1) Lifetime SEN if over 60 and 10 years continuous SEN and minimum 1 million status miles in past 10 years.

2) SEN+ depending on country of residence, some high mileage SENs get a little extra benefits

General_Flyer and TRAVELSIG like this.
  9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi kiwi: Just a few updates AFAIK:

The Lifetime SEN benefit is unpublished and has not been confirmed in a couple of years.

SEN+: the + symbol is indicated for the top 15 customers on each aircraft as measured through their customer "score" which the Lufthansa system calculates. Thus- you may see a SEN+ and a HON not plus for example or a FTL+ and a SEN not +. The manifest doesn't always seem to display this depending on the outstation. Very few employees of LH are aware of how this works. There is also some discussion within even the company on if it works correctly.

Regarding the extra benefits- if you are one of the customers with a high "score" you will be first in line for OP UPs etc- hence you can see SEN members getting an OP UP when a HON does not.

By the way the data above is AFAIK and is certainly not 100% verified (although it seems to pan out 99.99% of the time FWIW).

OY-JFS and General_Flyer like this.
  10. General_Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, thanks a lot for the information! I think from here onwards, I'll know what to do with where my miles are being stored. Too bad LH isn't my regular carrier, if it is would love to try out to HON.. :)

Have a great weekend everyone! And Happy Chinese New Year!

11. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm well aware of the unpublished nature of SEN+ ;)

I wasn't referring to op-ups when I mentioned extra benefits. I haven't had a single LH op-up.