Will AA give bonuses this year for 125K and 150K flown?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by THREEA4ME, Jun 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was alluded to in a recent posting by Gary via the AA Advantage Rep who chatted that they "are looking into it" but I was wondering if anyone had heard anything more definitive?

I'm at 80K EQM and there doesn't seem to be any incentive to keep flying AA after 100K unless there are bonuses (besides the perks of being EXEC PLAT, of course) as I could fly other airlines and take advantage of their offers instead.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe the "rep" Gary was referring to was Maya Leibman, President of the AAdvantage Loyalty Program. I don't think we'll get anymore info than what she gave us.

JohnDeere19 and DestinationDavid like this.
  3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    Extra vips and threshold choices such as free lounge card or the ability to nominate a friend to plat.

flagstaff likes this.
  5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AA already offers extra SWUs for individuals who fly extra EQPs (not EQMs). It's not a published benefit but has been consistently reported by high EQP earners in the past.

Admirals Club membership and nominating someone to elite status (GLD in the past, PLT seems unrealistic) have all been offered in the past so I'm sure *if* it makes an appearance again, we'd see similar offerings.

Time will tell if they show up again. It's kinda like Christmas, no? ;)

6. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you know the thresholds for the extra vips with EQM?? 125k or 150K?? Or Both??

7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There is no threshold as far as I know for EQM. Only EQP. But again, since it's not a published benefit, it can change at anytime.

The basics of what I've heard/read though: 150K EQP in addition to other factors (spending amount, frequency of complaints, etc) will give you a leg up in the request.

8. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be happy to make 100K this year!! :(