Wiki-like feature?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by wanderlust, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. wanderlust
    Original Member

wanderlust Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know if this is something anyone else is interested in, but it could help organize some threads, such as the best current credit card sign up bonuses thread. A feature could be added to some posts in which multiple users could edit it, in order to facilitate updating the page. As it stands, an authoritative post on a particular issue can only be updated by the OP, who may not have the time/ability to keep it updated, and additions to the topic get lost in the shuffle of posts.

I think it's implemented pretty well on Slickdeals.net, except a way to limit the wiki feature to select threads seems ideal.

Don't know if this is too complicated/not implementable/just a dumb idea, but I thought I'd make the suggestion!

2. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lots of people have suggested wikiposts. Word is it is being looked into.

3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear it is being looked into. Hopefully it will be utilized and managed so that it becomes the authoritative post on each airline/hotel program. Perhaps a template would be good to start with so that there is some standardization in the look and content for each program. One piece of data that is always a PITA to find is the inactivity period before points expire and what counts as activity that resets the clock.

4. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually Randy has said wikis are on their list (which is what many of us have asked for, to organize the reference information). I don't think he has actually commented on the wikipost suggestion, although I could have missed that post.

It's hard to start working on reference info at the moment as there are no wikis or stickis :) but hopefully soon!

5. One more vote for wiki feature, please [​IMG]

6. rrgg
    Original Member

rrgg Silver Member

Status Points:
    In addition to voting for wikiposts, I have to say this is a must-have for any new board, especially to avoid 100+ page threads. I saw a "US Mint" thread has started already and was surprised there's no wikipost for it.

Please note -- A Wikipost is not the same as Wiki. They serve completely different purposes.

lin821 and kiwi like this.
  7. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    SC Flier and cockpitvisit like this.
  8. lin821
    Original Member

lin821 Gold Member

Status Points:
    aitchly likes this.
  9. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another wonderful suggestion to have merged threads. It would enhance things, but figuring out a method is difficult . . .

10. lin821
    Original Member

lin821 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually gave the headsup to the admin to merge this and my thread right after my comment. Let's see if they'll take care of it.