Wifi apparently live on the A319

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Wandering Aramean, Dec 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least on N802UA (ship 4002). Someone posted on FlyerTalk from UA963 IAH-DCA tonight. They said there were two price points for different performance levels - $7 and $10.

Very excited to see this finally go live, especially if the price point is going to be below that of gogo. Now I just need to get myself on a flight and try it out.

unavaca, mht_flyer, Flyer1976 and 3 others like this.
  2. Phorever

Phorever Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amen!

Once every few months I fly Delta or AA and I'm always so pumped for wifi!

My biggest complaint of uA these days.

How about free wifi for elites! ;)

3. joanek
    Original Member

joanek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why, that someone was me! I couldn't connect here for some reason, so "broke this news" over there. It worked fairly well. After 45 minutes or so, I couldn't connect to any site by UA or my gmail---but then it came back.
    The pilot made no mention of the wifi that I can recall, so I'm not sure how many people were using it. I'd hate to think that someone streaming netflix (or the like) ate all the bandwidth. I was just sending a few emails, facebooking, and trying to post about the wifi here.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    How does one find out? Turn on the transmit function that was previously supposed to be turned off and look for the SSID? Or is there a sticker by the door or something?

5. joanek
    Original Member

joanek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or you could be like me and start up the computer. I was using wifi earlier in the day and who bothers to turn it off before shutting down? I was about to turn it off to save battery when I saw the signal.

6. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Alas, I always seem to be on B757s or CRJ-200/700s when I fly UA, but maybe one day I'll get WiFi. :)