Wide open off-peak availability to Europe (Feb 2015)

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by jaw_24, Oct 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a reminder, these awards are 35k r/t if booked ONLY on US metal in Jan-Feb, and 30k with the credit card 5k reduction.
    These calendars are for 4 pax in economy!

PHL-FRA:
    US_PHL-FRA.png

And for PHL-MUC:
    US_PHL-MUC.png

I've also checked BRU and LHR with similar results. This is certainly better than last year, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't this open at 330 days out.
    Of course, the hardest part is getting to PHL, but with trans-atl availability this good, it is very doable from most cities with more than a few flights per day.

*Edit* - Finally, a reminder that with the current buy miles promo, you can outright buy these awards for under $700 with taxes.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    That means with AA miles, you only need to pay 20k each way, right? ;)

3. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if I'm thinking of the same thing, but yes from PHL, and slightly less than 30k for anywhere within a 1,152 mi radius, give or take.

4. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you're not thinking the same thing. US offpeak to Europe in Y is 35k US miles r/t. AA offpeak to Europe is 20k AA miles each way (40k r/t), with a wider window (October to May). ;) So these awards should be available for AA folks for purchase at a small mileage premium.