Wich airline is responsible

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by copamillionmiller, Nov 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. copamillionmiller

copamillionmiller Active Member

Status Points:
    I just got to DEN but my bags are missing flew part of the trip Usairways and the last part with UAL, wich airline has to help get my bags back

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The carrier delivering you to the final destination is where you file the claim and who you interact with. In your case that sounds like United.

Hope your bags show up soon.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, the last carrier to transport you is responsible for the baggage per the Warsaw/Montreal Conventions.

misman and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  4. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    But keep in mind that does not mean that the last carrier (in this case UA) will not try to pass you on to the prior carrier (US.) You may need to be persistent.

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course but the last airline is responsible... not that they would try to pass the buck... I had a
    CO->US->UA->CO itinerary a while ago...US mishandled the bags but CO was still on the hook.

6. copamillionmiller

Status Points:
    ACTUALLY TO BE SAFE I HE CHECKED HIS BAGS ONLY TO DEN HE CONNECTED WITH LH TO FRA THEN TO BKK WITH TG. THE BAGS WHERE ONLY CHECKED TO DEN 3 DAYS NOTHING

7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    No offense but if you intentionally short-checked your bags to DEN instead of all the way to BKK to retag them or recheck it I find you not to be a moron or an idiot but you did make a boneheaded move if you're going to blame an airline for what happened... You messed up and now the airlines have to play clean up and fix your mistake...

I don't think UA or anyone should be held liable for your screw-up, UA will try to get your bag reunited with you in BKK but you should have known better if you're a so called COPA 1MMer...

8. copamillionmiller

Status Points:
    First of all was not me . second of all if is problem to deal with 2 airlines and bags I guess 4 is too much like I always say the less time a airline takes my bags the better.
    So in your thinking if he had check them to BKK they would have not been lost please if they did make it to DEN they would have never made it with him to BKK.
    He will deal with UAL when he gets back tomorrow

9. copamillionmiller

Status Points:
    So I guess that UAL has a magical tunnel to BKK that would have saved his bags from getting lost in the first portion if they don't get to point B how can they get to C

10. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dude... Your first ORIGINAL post here was...

You used the words I and my which implies first person sense as in YOU are the person affected...

Now you posted ...

I - HE , HIS, HE, which implies you're talking about someone else on the same topic...

Oh now you're telling us that you're not talking about what happened to you but someone else...

If English is not your first language, I can understand the difficulties in comprehending the use of the first, second, third person syntax but so far your story has not matched up which is a major thumbs down for me.

11. copamillionmiller

Status Points:
    We all don't speak English but we do speak more then one language anyway he solved it

12. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's good to hear but I am :rolleyes: at your posts in this thread for not being factually correct.