Why Ubergate is ridiculous. Keep “sexism” out of it.

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Nov 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Status Points:
    Many of you have read the recent scandal surrounding Uber (hereinafter “Ubergate”). First off, I want to make it very clear that I support Uber 100%. I do not invest in it, or make any sort of profit from it. I just use their service. I think the company is brilliant, innovative and since first using them in August, I have enjoyed using their service regularly. Sometimes I feel too lazy to metro to school so I just Uber. Quick, easy and relatively inexpensive. Back in October a journalist, with a biased political agenda, known as Sarah Lacy, wrote an article on how Uber is “sexist” and accused them of “misogyny.” Lacy went further to call some investors in the tech world who support Uber “assholes” because, in her opinion, apparently Uber hinders women rights in the tech industry and riding Uber late at night is dangerous. More dangerous than taking a taxi or walking home at night? Really? Lacy believes that Lyft is safer. Somehow, a company similar to Uber is safer. Does Lacy also believe that taking a taxi is safer? Lacy is clearly out of touch with reality if she believes that Lyft (and Taxis) are safer [...]
    The post Why Ubergate is ridiculous. Keep “sexism” out of it. appeared first on The Winglet.

The post Why Ubergate is ridiculous. Keep “sexism” out of it. appeared first on Prior2Boarding.

Continue reading...