Why so few Car forums?

Discussion in 'Other Car Rental Programs' started by rajuabju, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    No love for Budget, Dollar, Alamo, Enterprise, etc?

Of course, I do support "combined" forums for Avis/Budget, Dollar/Thrifty if thats going to be the case, but yea, we def. need some more forums for car rental programs as this site gains more popularity.

2. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think additional forums will come over time. At this point I'd support the concept of combined forums especially since it seems that the companies are gradually combining operations / cross-fleeting etc. Another one would be National/Alamo/Enterprise (although Enterprise is kind of a different "creature").

2soonold and flyingdawg like this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I kinda agree with this...I think when MP is offically launched there will be a critical mass reached (of members) that will drive the creation of more fourms. I personally need help with Budget and figuring out the best way to maximize the Fastbreak and Corp. program. Just strated using them on regular basis and I'm a little bit clueless.

4. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree this may come with time.

travelingmore likes this.
  5. yep. I agree, it would be great to break out ALL the major car companies so they each have their own categories

6. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Small oufit, but I'd like to see an E-Z Car Rental forum.

7. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I asked for a generic car rental forum so people can have an appropriate place to post about the need to cheat insurance programs (either buy insurance or accept the risk people!) and things about toll tags or generic car questions. I'm still waiting for that forum.

HaveMilesWillTravel and Jeffie like this.
  8. rustyr
    Original Member

rustyr Active Member

Status Points:
    Although they are huge(I think they have most outlets in US) Enterprise doesn't have much of a rewards/points program. The 3 cos represented in the forums probably have the lion's share of biz, especially at airports and seem to have the most offers/bonus and various elite levels/ perks, compared to Ent,Dollar/Thrifty. Hence, their smaller prescence here.

9. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought the reason there wasn't much attn paid to car rental rewards was because they are so minimal. Not just expense, but time and effort, I could buy flowers for less and get a better return, as far as miles. Of course, it is nice to see what upgrades people are getting.

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Despite the name of the site, a lot of the discussion in the various hotel and airline forums evolves around non-reward-related topics.