why offer CS survey on hold before you get Agent?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by cotter77, May 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    why do they at UA invite or ask you Y/N if you want to be included in CS survey before getting agent on the line?
    does the agent see this info?
    does it impact how they treat you?
    i doubt it, from an HR or quality control standpoint standpoint it wouldnt make sense

but recent phone calls to CS shows to me they have REALLY gone down hill. they can get really rude or act really incompetent in order to hand you off fast to someone else who wont care about you, or to their web-help desk which from all indications just disconnects you when you raise a stink or try to force any kind of issue....today i guy just dumped me after I pushed a little bit to get him to combine 2 ecerts on one ticket....he said they dont do that anymore, pretended to continue to help and next think i new i was disconnected....it was definitely NOT an accident.

2. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't answer the question as to whether they can't see whether you are going to a survey afterward or not (my guess is no).

But I would imagine they would want you to pay special attention to the call, enough to give an informed opinion about the call.

3. GreekDeno

GreekDeno Silver Member

Status Points:
    Most proactive comments are either negative or really positive, but those can't represent the majority of calls. My guess is this system allows them to get a better sampling of the average call.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. It also allows for self-selection of folks wanting to provide feedback before they know if it is going to be a good call or a bad one.