Why no MR price for AA?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by TRYING2BPLAT, May 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like majority of th MR price is UA and sometime DL, what happened to AA?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe they've cut capacity enough that they don't have to unload seats at fire-sale prices??

Also, they have matched sales from others in some markets or launched their own sales in others. The MCO-GIG deal was one they started earlier this year, as was the NYC-Chile for $900ish in C (not quite a MR but still a darn good fare).

rizwank and karung99 like this.
  3. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    How about summer MR, all I read is UA.

4. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are very few summer MRs. Most deals that are posted now are for travel until til mid-June and from late August on.

As for AA deals, there's ebb and flow in terms of who is having deals. In January and Feb, we tracked significantly more AA deals than DL or UA. Now it is just UA and DL's turn.

karung99 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  5. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We just got back from Chile, great country and great food and vino, looking forward to get back there.

6. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Jan and Feb is great way to do MR agreed AA was running lot of sale during that priod

7. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I've been doing some searching and haven't found any amazing AA deals at all. The LAX/SFO-SJU deal a few weeks ago was the last great one that I saw. Hopefully something will pop up. The best I can find is 6.9 cpm in November for LAX-BOS... hardly a great MR.

8. KLA
    Original Member

KLA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I need to hit 15K more base points by end of July in order to keep EXP and haven't found any good deals. IAD-DFW-ANC for $802 was the best I could do, and that's not a good deal, even with the 100% mileage bonus. :(

9. tfd

tfd Silver Member

Status Points:
    Points or Miles? Points on cheap tickets would be 30K miles of flying. Points, can be as little as 10K of flying in Full Y or I/J/A/F

10. KLA
    Original Member

KLA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Points. :( Which is why it's been so hard to find worthwhile flights. And unfortunately, only base points count for my EXP challenge, so didn't get any extra credit for my biz class codeshares to Chile.